Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Higgsy's Mk3 ST thread

higgsy

Is it at the Toyota dealer?

I'd be asking for it to be taken to a Ford dealer so someone more familiar with the engine can look at it.

Well yeah I would agree, I don't think they would tell me if they had, but I don't really have a clue who or where it is being looked at.  Very little trust if any with them to be fair. Key thing for me at the moment is trying to return the car and starting again. Obviously they don't want to do this but my aeguement is the leak had been there for some time and if it had manifested or I had noticed itself earlier (before 30 days) I would have returned the car and asked the same.

On 19 June 2016 at 9:39 AM, alexp999 said:

I hope your joking. Otherwise it must be a different CS to what I "dealt" with.

Only part of Ford I have ever seen anything done is UK HQ.

I'd ask to speak to service manager and demand an explanation. In person is usually better.

I think that's the one I've heard to be fair, I'm sure there was some CS involved though

Update: Took the issue to ADR mediation and  dealer has finally agreed to take the car back as they have had it for over 3 weeks without a fix, apparently it had 2 oil leaks one which they fixed but another one too.  Awaiting a refund. Doesn't look like they want to admit it had issues when I bought it tho! But who cares! Going to be carless for a while now though

That's a shame but at least it is a good outcome financially.

You going to get another ST?

I want an st, but I am now weary of used sts

I'll be honest, an ST wasn't something I was happy to have second hand, hence buying new.

Finance is quite affordable, but the total can be pretty scary. If I can't afford to keep paying for it at the end of the 3 years then so be it, but I'm hoping to keep it for at least 5yrs before chopping it in.

Fortunately with Fords, there is always at least 10% you can get off RRP. :)

Yeah I have the cash and wanna buy outright, that was 12k, my max is 14k. Don't really want HP/pcp.  Looking at various options including focus zetec s 1.5 ecoboost and seat Leon 1.8 tsi fr, not much else takes my fancy.

Make sure you listen and test drive a 1.5 EB before buying.

I had to get rid of mine...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club