Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Long Pry Bar

TomsFocus

Evening all,

So I've been finding that mines not long enough recently...  But pretty surprised how expensive the longer ones are!  Anyway, I do need to invest in one as I've got a few jobs coming up that will be far easier with a ~3ft/90cm pry bar for bottom ball joints etc.

Ideally want one with a handle rather than a claw hook at the other end.  Don't want to spend much but obviously want one that isn't going to snap on the first use.

So any preferred makes or a link to one would be great??  Online or instore, either is fine.

Cheers
Tom

I got a set of four pry bars ranging from the small 25cm, 50cm, 75cm and the longest is 1M all with handles, from the local motor factor a few years ago.  I vaguely recall paying £35

When I need more leverage, a scaffold pole will fit comfortably over the handle of the 1M pry bar:laugh:

If you just want the one, Laser have a 900mm with a handle

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/tool-connection-tc3206-pry-bar-jumbo-900mm-lon/

and Clarke have a 900mm wrecking bar type

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-cht822-900mm-wrecking-bar/

Ah, cheers Ghana. 

More leverage than 1m?  What are trying to remove lol!?

I'd like the Laser one, but at the price of the Clarke...hmm... :wacko:

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

More leverage than 1m?  What are trying to remove lol!?

The Astra's rear axle when changing the the bushes, it was supposed to drop down once the bolts were removed: it didn't. The 1M pry on it's own made little difference but with scaffold pole extension, it was eased out with little resistance.

Here's a slightly cheaper Franklin Tools one eBay, seller does accept best offer too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Franklin-Tools-Jumbo-36-900mm-Pry-Bar-Prybar-Crow-Bar-/160663262204?hash=item256846d3fc:m:mhSXlt01EzeUomgtnIpsv-w

• Like 1

Your just needing some more muscle and a few more Chinese takeaways lol. 

1 hour ago, stef123 said:

Your just needing some more muscle and a few more Chinese takeaways lol. 

More muscle would be good, not sure I can buy that for £20 posted though. :laugh: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club