Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo mk4 injector issue (p0202)

chaos2110

hi, i have browsed around and seen quite a lot on this but im very unsure because my mk4 mondeo had an engine replacement by a previous owner.

The story goes,...  the other day driving home, and my car started to judder all of a sudden on the motorway when ever i put my foot down and called for power. It got me home, and continues to run with a very shakey idle and judders when ever accelerating. The mal came on and right enough it was a P0202 error code, meaning a fault with injecter 2 circuit / injector. I swapped the connectors around and tested the electrics, even stripped and cleaned the injector to no avail, so i bit the bullet and bought a new injector. Doing some reading, very little clarity on the mk4, i spotted that the mk4 injectors didnt need programming into the ecu, however i can only see this for the siemens.

Here in lies my problem. Mine is a delphi injector, and because its had a replacement engine cannot be sure of the year of the engine inside. I replaced the injector and it seems to have solved nothing! does this type of injector need to programmed into the ecu?? i have an f super lead and software, but although this does connect, it doesnt want to read the injectors. The code on the injector appears to be 20 digits long, however on the f super which i got when i had injector issues on my mk3, is only 16 digitslong. so if so, is there any way to program this in myself??.

i have also cleaned the egr, made no difference what so ever. also, when i stripped the original injector down, the needle inside was black,... and when i took the new one out after i had to drive it to work, it also looked black

any help or advice extremely welcomed!  thank you!

Hi,

It looks like you know a lot more about injectors than me! So I can't help directly.

But have you looked at using the Forscan package? Pretty good for most Fords.

It is free download for laptops. It needs and ELM327 (or compatible) adapter, but the F-Super adapter looks very much like an ELM with another label. Worth a try unless you have already tried it. And the ELM327 is pretty cheap anyhow.

Peter.

2 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Hi,

It looks like you know a lot more about injectors than me! So I can't help directly.

But have you looked at using the Forscan package? Pretty good for most Fords.

It is free download for laptops. It needs and ELM327 (or compatible) adapter, but the F-Super adapter looks very much like an ELM with another label. Worth a try unless you have already tried it. And the ELM327 is pretty cheap anyhow.

Peter.

hi mate, the fsuper wont work with the forscan software. i have ordered the forscan compatible lead just waiting for it to arrive

• Like 1

sorted..... so...... after realising that my lovely cars cylinders dont go left to right 1,2,3,4... they in fact go left to right 4,3,2,1, so then after finally testing the correct injector and realising there was no voltage at the injector,.... i went to the source. the pcm (ecu) located behind the n/s bumber by removing the wheel arch.

This has held water in the past, as there is a bolt that holds a metal protector plate over the wires that was extremely rusted and wouldnt unbolt. So 10 minutes with an angle grinder later, and a lot of wire testing later, i determined which wires were which and in what block from the pcm. I have attached a picture in hope to help anyone trying to find the wires. 

There was continuity across all wires, except for the driver wire for injector 2! RESULT! means it was the wore not my pcm!  i then stuck a sharp sewing needle into the correct wire  just out of the pcm connection block, and tested continuity from the pins in the block to needle to make sure the break wasnt integral in the block. then did the same at the injector. Both were fine. so i snipped the wire at the pcm, snipped it inside the cable tidy round the back of the injector cover, soldered in a wire and bingo! working perfectly again!! 

Anyways.... 1st block in the pcm (one nearest to you as you sit at the wheel) looks a little like my very dodgy picture! the coloured blocks on the picture are explained below

orange block = cylinder 4 vss

red block = cylinder 4 driver wire

light grey block = cylinder 3 driver wire

dark grey block =  cylinder 3 vss wire

dark yellow block = cylinder 2 driver wire (my fault for p0202 mal code)

light yellow block = cylinder 2 vss wire

light blue block = cylinder 1 vss wire

dark blue block = cylinder 1 driver wire

hope this helps anyone in the future

ford.jpg

• Like 1

thats the french engine for you, no1 cyl is flywheel end as you found out.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club