Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 zetec s parking sensors

Jxshh

Does anyone know if i fit a bumper with the parking sensors built in and just plug it into the loom as the loom is already fitted will it just be a case of plug and play or will it have to be programmed

You will need the parking aid module and thats assuming the wiring inside the vehicle is there also, then it needs programming in.

8 hours ago, Jxshh said:

parking sensors built in and just plug it into the loom

I am assuming it is rear sensors you are asking about?

The parking aid module lives in the boot, behind the storage cubby hole on the driver's side near the back, on my car. It is likely to be in a similar place on yours.

If it is not fitted, the Ford module will be expensive, and may need programming, like Ian says.

Ian will probably hate me for thisbiggrin.png, but I got a cheapy sensor set off eBay. It had the same module mounting points as the Ford, and the supplied sensors fitted neatly inside the Ford adapter bushes in the bumper. It has worked adequately, not as good as the Ford no doubt, but at least is does not screech at me all the time while reversing, like the Ford one started doing!.

The eBay set was cheaper than just 1 Ford sensor!

• Like 2

Peter I have been using a little set of eBay myself original cost was £20 and they have been going very well for the past 3 years or so, so I cant be bad to that lol!

My focus didn't have parking sensors but to get them fitted from ford was a tad expensive at the time, and to be honest I only got them as a gadget novelty thing thinking I would never really use them much, How wrong was I lol! I use them all the time and they are a great job and I'm glad I installed them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sonic113 said:

original cost was £20 and they have been going very well

I think mine cost less than that. They are a bit slow to react, but fine for careful reversing, I can get to 300mm from an obstruction pretty reliably with them. Worth having!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club