Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Sync bluetooth not working (HELP!)

Keiren125

So Ive had my fiesta zetec s since january and I've had no problems with it whatsoever until about a month ago, it appears that the bluetooth is turned off in the car, yet when i select and press 'yes' to turn it back on, it still seems to be off.

When i go through the 'aux' (BT) connection it tells me to search for sync and enter the code, yet sync does not appear on my phone, and when i check back to see if the bluetooth is tuned on, there is still no tick next to the box?

Ive tried doing a master reset and the bluetooth still will just not turn on - I cant stand listening to Capital and smooth FM any longer!

Ive got no idea what the problem here is, can anyone help me with this to save me time going to my local branch???

So I've fixed it. Called ford and they wanted my car for the full day, don't have time for that!

I found the bluetooth console in the passenger foot well and just disconnected the 2 cables. If you have any problems with sync just do this and it resets the whole bluetooth system.

You just need to go to the passenger footwell, look up and take out 2 plastic screws to release the carpeted part under the glove box, then unplug the 2 wires, then reconnect them - pictures attached.

IMG_20160909_170435.jpg

IMG_20160909_170441.jpg

IMG_20160909_170451.jpg

• 3 years later...

Thank you so much, I have tried to reconnect a hundred times.  I was about to throw the phone out of the window!  this worked a treat

• 8 months later...

3 years later and I had exactly the same problem. Your solution took just a few minutes and worked perfectly. Thanks!!! 

• 7 months later...

That goodness I found this thread.  My daughter's 2014 car had connected to two iPhones without issue but then for some reason failed to connect.  I tried the master reset etc. to no available, but unplugging & plugging the connections to the bluetooth module fixed the issue straight away.

Thanks to @Keiren125 for the fix.

• 5 months later...

I have located the unit but having difficulty unplugging the 2 connections, i don't want to be too heavy handed, is there a special technique please

On 9/9/2016 at 5:33 PM, Keiren125 said:

So I've fixed it. Called ford and they wanted my car for the full day, don't have time for that!

I found the Bluetooth console in the passenger foot well and just disconnected the 2 cables. If you have any problems with sync just do this and it resets the whole Bluetooth system.

You just need to go to the passenger footwell, look up and take out 2 plastic screws to release the carpeted part under the glove box, then unplug the 2 wires, then reconnect them - pictures attached.

IMG_20160909_170435.jpg

IMG_20160909_170441.jpg

IMG_20160909_170451.jpg

Is there a knack to unpluging the 2 connectors, I'm having trouble and don't want to break them. Thanks for any info

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club