Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk2 1.8tdci

Chambers

Hi new to this but I have had the focus my2 1.8 tdci the cars fine but the door locks not so fine. I have locked my keys in the car 4 times in the 6 months of having the car they just lock them self is there any way of turning this off thanks.

Hello and welcome Lewis

locked your car keys in 4 times in 6 months!:jawdrop: You really need to get in to a habit of taking the keys with you every single time you leave the car. Out of 40 years of motoring I have never locked my self out of my car.

Is your car auto open and auto lock?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chambers said:

Hi new to this but I have had the focus my2 1.8 tdci the cars fine but the door locks not so fine. I have locked my keys in the car 4 times in the 6 months of having the car they just lock them self is there any way of turning this off thanks.

The auto lock feature can be set to lock at any vehicle speed, I've mine set to 10kmh 

I've not heard of it automatically locking in any other way unless you were to press "unlock" on the key fob and not open any doors; it then "auto locks" because it assumes you pressed fob by mistake. 

You can switch off auto locking yourself using a modified elm327 cable and some home brew software on a Windows based laptop.

• Like 1

It's got a mind of its own. Sometimes it won't lock then others as soon as u shut the door it locks 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club