Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2.0 tdci mk2 (06 or 07) Turbo problem

Klokan

Hello,

I recently bought a focus 2.0 tdci  with a broken turbo, today I removed it and changed it to a new turbo, when everything was in place and oil and filter was replaced. Tryed to start it but with difficulty(most likely because of cold and old diesel, about a year old). How ever it started leaking oil from the oil outlet pipe on the turbo, when cleaning it of i saw a big cut across the metall pipe where the hose connects, it looked like it was cut with a metal saw, straight and clean. Havning no clue how it got there, as i drove the car to the workshop without oil spill or anything, didn't notice it at all when i took the old one off. However i put some loctite 5922 to close it off as it is supposed to be oil repellant and the oil from the turbo shouldnt hold much pressure i believe. I forgot to take a photo of the cut when it was clean but i took after i smeared the loctite on it. Any ideas how the cut got there, I just can't figure it out.

Is the metalpart with the cut replaceable? do you think the 5922 will work or do i need anything else?

I am the second owner of the car, it's from a friend, I been driving it for some time before the turbo gave up and it was smooth and good up until then.

The old turbo was a bit bent at one moving part and the turbines wasnt spinning smooth, got some restriction at some points when spinning.

Best wishes

Klokan

20161116_233517.jpg

Looks like the turbo works, sounded good but the leak opened up again so i lost the power. tomorrow I will try some loctite metal 5. see if that works. supposed to be good for 150c and oil

I have never tried any of this Loctite stuff on an engine. The problem as I see it is:   It might be heat resistant and it might be oil resistant  but does it expand and contract with heating up and cooling down at the same rate as the metal it is stuck to.  If not, then the difference in expansion and contraction will cause it to come away from the metal due to it stressing the join of the Loctite and the metal.

I would be surprised if any of those type of products is going to work long term there as I think that is going to be a pretty hot area

• Like 1

Hello again.

Yesterday i solved the oil leaking problem with some loctite metal 5. Tried it for a spin and pushed it a bit, seems to work fine. How ever! When driving on the motorway I lost the power and the turbo is leaking somewhere, big leak, so tomorrow i'll be goin up the lift again to see if i can find any obvious leak,

Here is a picture  of the old crack and the sloppy fix :)

20161118_171443.jpg

20161118_201404.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club