Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fat tyre punctures........

flogger

so....having splashed the cash on some 18" rims & tyres (up from 16's) my only concern now is.......what if I get a puncture

heaven forbid......I got a can of tyreweld stuff in the boot but.......

what do you guys do/use ??????

• Like 1

18s probably use extra load tyres?  You won't even notice the puncture lol...

The rolling radius will be the same so you can still use your original spare wheel.

• Like 1

On Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 7:17 PM, TomsFocus said:

18s probably use extra load tyres?  You won't even notice the puncture lol...

The rolling radius will be the same so you can still use your original spare wheel.

Very true,

I had a puncture for around 3 weeks and didn't know it just a small but id vibration.

I had checked the tyre pressure three weeks prior and all was fine, Then when checking at the later date found tyre was 4Psi 

The 18" tyres have reinforced sidewall; the overall radious of the 16" is the same as your 18" so you can use a 16" wheel for a spare but it can only be used on the rear wheels meaning if you get a front puncture you will need to take a tyre off the back and put it on the front then put spare on the back.

I don't carry a spare tyre atall, I have a foam kit and AA Membership 

• Like 1

I thought breakdown companies charge you extra if you call them out for a puncture if you don't have a usable spare. or is that just some of them. I am pretty sure I read it in the terms and conditions of one I had in the past. Might be worth checking beforehand rather than have a shock when it happens. It's one of those small print situations

• Like 1

I bought a spare wheel and jack kit along with the foam boot floor raiser for my mk3 on 18's as i didnt want to use the supplied foam kit. The foam kits have a use by date on them too!

• Like 1

I have  Tyreweld  as I have an older ST .So far no flat tyres to try it so  can't say if its good or bad .Considering a spare wheel kit and jack bit pricy though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, isetta said:

I thought breakdown companies charge you extra if you call them out for a puncture if you don't have a usable spare. or is that just some of them. I am pretty sure I read it in the terms and conditions of one I had in the past. Might be worth checking beforehand rather than have a shock when it happens. It's one of those small print situations

I think it depends on OE as supplied. If you choose to discard your OE spare, to reduce weight say, and rely on foam and get a sidewall split they could charge you for rescue. If the car was supplied with foam, a pump and no spare they're contracted to rescue you if that's in your package.

Edit: Presumably they'd have to check on Etis (or equivalent for other car makes) before charging..?

Edited by trailertrash

"The 18" tyres have reinforced sidewall; the overall radious of the 16" is the same as your 18" so you can use a 16" wheel for a spare but it can only be used on the rear wheels meaning if you get a front puncture you will need to take a tyre off the back and put it on the front then put spare on the back. "

so...I stood the T125/85R16 alongside the 225/40/18's & they are slightly smaller, is this usual or should they be exact ??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club