Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Tinsel on trees

GaryPL

Tinsel on Christmas trees  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should tinsel be put on Christmas trees?

• Yes
    • No

What with Christmas trees going up left, right and centre it has given rise to a question I have arguments about every year... should tinsel be put on Christmas trees?

I personally can't stand tinsel on Christmas trees.  The should only have ornaments, trinkets and lights on.

What does everybody else think?  Start voting... NOW! :)

• Like 1

We've always put tinsel on the tree, but it is the plan old-fashioned type and used sparingly.  I don't like the modern sparkly stuff which people just throw on the tree, leaving no branches visible.

• Like 1

In a 2 cat home, less is more. Tinsel is like cat nip to our cats. So it's a no from us

• Like 1

Ive not got it on my tree as i prefer just tree ornaments too but had to wrap the legs in it as i couldnt find a nice cover. I will get one for next year though as the tinsel is a nightmare with our 8 month old baby! 

Depends what sort of tree...  If its a real one then little to none I'd say.  But if it's cheap artificial one, copious amounts of tinsel can cover up how awful it is! :laugh: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joss max said:

In a 2 cat home, less is more. Tinsel is like cat nip to our cats. So it's a no from us

lol my two cats always totally destroy my tree every year even thought they are five years old .Something about the tree they think is fun to rush up and down it .Even so its a yes from me

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gizza11 said:

lol my two cats always totally destroy my tree every year even thought they are five years old .Something about the tree they think is fun to rush up and down it .Even so its a yes from me

Five is nothing, my parent's 12 yr old cat will still attack the tree if he is having a funny 5 mins, lol. It's the baubles he really loves though, he usually gets given a sacrificial one to bat around the floor.

He used to pull the whole thing over (6ft tree, 1ft cat).

Their other cat has decided he'd much rather sleep under it instead.

• Like 2

Was thinking of this for next year. Cat proof Christmas tree

xmas cat proof.jpg

• Like 5

Blimey. That wont stop a cat lol
I'm a fibre optic tree man myself and a No to tinsel.

• Like 1

None of my previous cats have felt the need to strip the tinsel off.

However, when it comes to baubles and also the plastic robin decorations, that's a different matter.  Molly, like all her predecessors, think baubles must be sparred with, knocked off the tree, and chased round and round the house, until they get wedged under sofas, the washing machine or trapped in the hole in the outer part of the U-bend in the loos. 

Whereas, she leaps and pounces on the robins.  Sometimes the tree is knocked over: sometimes not.  My brother's pugs joined in last year, pulling off and decapitating the robins:ohmy:  There were all these headless bodies scattered in the lounge, after the pugs got shut in there whilst we ate:sad:

Oddly, apart from the pigeons, outside Molly isn't the slightest bit interested in real birds.

Brandy is indifferent to Xmas trees, or their decorations

My tinsel, like Jamie's, is of the older thinner variety and doesn't overwhelm the tree

• Like 2

I have fibre optic and find that a small amount of tastefully applied tinsel and chaff helps to spread the light nicely.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:35 AM, Joss max said:

Was thinking of this for next year. Cat proof Christmas tree

xmas cat proof.jpg

That fixed him lol bet he's well vexed

• Like 1

Haha I know of cats that would take that as a challenge!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club