Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice for filter & oil change on Ranger 2.2 TDCi

rollacorolla

Hi there,

I have a 2014 Ranger 2.2 TDCi which I bought second hand last month. I used to service my Toyota Hilux without any problems even though I'm not very mechanically minded, so thought I should do the same with my Ford.

I would really appreciate it someone could point me to a manual or youtube video showing how I go about changing the oil and all the filters. I can probably figure it out but don't want to make any expensive mistakes!

Cheers.

sorry cant provide you with vid or youtube . but air filter is idiot proof, oil filter you access from the n/s/f wheel arch. remove wheel and a couple of clips holding the rubber liner so you can access filter. think from memory you need a 27mm socket to remove filter housing. BEWARE , when you unscrew the housing alot of oil can come out and spill down over axle etc. jam loads of rags under filter housing to catch oil
as for the fuel filter thats fairly straight forward, unclip the 4 pipes making a note which one goes where first. unclip and disconnect water in fuel sensor connector. then i think thers a plastic clip that stops filter housing from coming out you have to bend with a screwdriver. make sure when replacing the the fuel filter element that you refit housing /filter assy exactly in same position as before or the pipe outlets wont align up when refitting to vehicle.
no need to prime/bleed fuel though. just switch ign on for 30 secs, about 4 times. this will bleed fuel , you can hear the air/fuel if you listen to filter. once bled, run engine at reasonable high rpm to get any small air bubbles out after.

You're the man. Thanks so much for your advice.

Cheers 

:cheers:

No problem, just post on here if you require any more info.

• 2 years later...

The Ranger owners manual is quite poor in terms of maintenance information.

How often the oil and filter change should be done? I read something saying 7,500 miles.

Thank  you!

Diesel oil gets dirty quickly which it is designed to do, holding the soot in suspension.  But you can't go wrong changing it fairly often.  I used to do 9k changes on all my diesels.  7.5k would be fine.

• 8 months later...

Hi' How much Anti Freeze should I put in when changing radiator water?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club