Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing wallpaper on sync 2

Weeguyno7

Hi there new user here not sure if threads in right area. 

I tried to put a new photo on USB stick and put on my car. It's of my kid but I'm guessing it was too big because it rejected it. How can I resize it to make it go on? I tried making it different formats like the car suggests but no luck.

thanks in advance 

You need to resize it to 800 x 384, file size less than 1.5 MB.

I use a program called Paint.NET (http://www.getpaint.net/index.html)

But depending on your operating system, you might have a built in program that can do the re-sizing.

Resize canvas once you have the shortest dimension at 800 x 384, to crop it to size.

I use Irfanview, easy to resize and crop images.
Sync will use various image types but I stick with jpeg for ease.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• 1 year later...

Does uk sync 3.0 support wallpaper change? I didn't see it in menu under display, unless it only appears if you put the pen drive in.

If it does support. Is there a site with ready made cool backgrounds to suit the 3 pane home screen ?

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

Does uk sync 3.0 support wallpaper change? I didn't see it in menu under display, unless it only appears if you put the pen drive in.

If it does support. Is there a site with ready made cool backgrounds to suit the 3 pane home screen ?

No. Only Microsoft based Sync 2.

• Like 1

Ahh ok. Thanks for reply. Bit disappointing.

All you can do with Sync3 is change colours and themes but that requires Forscan and an ELM interface.
You can try out different themes temporarily by entering the diagnostic mode.
Turn sync3 on in FM radio mode then press & hold the cd eject and fast forward keys (or back key, can't 100% recall) then the diagnostic mode should start.
You can find the theme settings quite easily but they only last until the system is turned off unless altered with Forscan.
You can add a permanent diagnostics link in the main tab menu if required by switching on the relevant slider in the test menu.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

Interesting stoney. I'll resist diagnostic mode for now but I'm sure my curiosity will get to me eventually. Anything else in there of interest or playable to the average person?
Sounds like they moved away from Microsoft. Is it now an in house system by ford ?

I've had sync 1 and now 3. Sounds like I missed out in some fun with sync 2.

21 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

Sounds like I missed out in some fun with sync 2.

Lol Not really.  It kinda  looked nice but was cumbersome and slow/laggy to use, due to small icons, a poor touch response and low computing power.  

When driving it was pretty difficult/dangerous to use the screen for many features due to the above.

Whilst the wallpaper feature has been dropped Sync 3 is light years ahead of Sync 2.

• Like 2

I must admit that an ability to create or add your own themes / wallpapers would have been a nice touch on Sync3.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club