Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Had my Ford Focus st Tdci serviced

Scratchy

Had my Ford focus ST service done 10,000 miles  then done a  another 7,400 miles in the car , had it take to Ford because the  Engine was playing up they ring me and told me I need a new Engine in it and the cost was £8,000 pounds they wanted my  Service book  then they wanted  The receipts  for the service then told me I had the  wrong oil in it plus said I had 2 much oil in the Engine the st is one year old now  still under warranty  but they said because I had the wrong oil in it ,,, it was not covered so I had the car removed for Ford too  another garage where they did  diagnostic on it  and told me that number 3  injecting  was the  fault with the car the oil I had put in was 5w30 c1 fully synthetic the green flag man who  checked that oil said it was on the max and he didn't wanna touch the car because he said let food sort it out can any Point me in the right way to get this sorted thank you

IMG_1821.JPG

IMG_2573.JPG

Edited by Scratchy
Too add pictures

In terms of the services were they both carried out by Ford? or did you do a service yourself or get a local garage to do it.

If you are arguing that they have been the only ones to service it I can understand why they are asking for the service book and receipts as they would be at fault although they should have an internal record of this aswell.

In terms of oil underfilling and overfilling both have consequences and unfortunately you've found this out the hard way.

• Like 2

as above.

If you can prove Ford and Ford alone have touched this car in terms of maintenance and servicing, then they are liable and responsible for replacing the engine. However, from what you have said above, did you have the car recovered to a local garage, one that you use/have used for servicing in the past, etc?

If it were me, and only Ford had touched my car (proof provided etc) I would have left it there and not given them an idea of another garage you may have used whilst owning the car, this will give them something to challenge you over... - obviously you are entitled to second opinions and you are right in doing so, but don't give Ford anything to use against you if you are pursuing a new engine.

If it was not serviced by Ford and you can't prove that the correct fluids and parts were used at the correct intervals, then you've not really got a leg to stand on.

To maintain the warranty, it must either by serviced by a Ford dealer, or to Ford standard (with correct spec fluids and genuine parts).

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club