Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Dyson cordless advice.

jace1969

Just got the Dyson v8 on a good deal and with loads of tools and tried it and was very surprised on the suction and running time but there are a few things it don't  tell you.

Say i use it for say 10 or so minutes so still got charge in it can i pop it back on charge and leave it as some forums say it wont hurt it but some say it shortens the battery life.

Also can you leave it on charge 24/7 as when charged all the lights go off and they state in goes to stand by mode but don't say if you can leave it like that for days.

They are nickel based batteries , and to get the maximum lifespan out of them the charger should be switched off once battery is fully recharged , and let the battery cool down before recharging.

surprised theyre not lithium ion considering how expensive dyson products are.

• Like 1

I'd expect Li-Ion or Li-Po on one of those too to be honest.

Nickel prefer full charge and discharge rather than lots of top ups, to get the best life out of them.

So if it's got a Ni-Mh or NI-Cd battery I'd say use it till it's flat, then charge it up full and take it off charge when done.

• Like 1

Its a 21.6v Lithium-ion battery at i think 2800mAh as it bigger than the v6 model.

Base says Li-ion.

• Like 1

In that case top it up when done, it will be fine.

I wouldn't leave it on all the time though.

Lithium batteries can go off like a firework if they fail.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

In that case top it up when done, it will be fine.

I wouldn't leave it on all the time though.

Lithium batteries can go off like a firework if they fail.

Thanks a lot,i have just edited the details as found it on the Dyson itself so when done like 10mins just put it back on charge.

It will be used every other day say or in some cases every day.

Thanks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Its a 21.6v Lithium-ion Battery at i think 2800mAh as it bigger than the v6 model.

Base says Li-ion.

dyson website says its nickel - aluminium.

looks like you got an upgrade :-)

• Like 1

Yeah should be fine to put it back on charge, Lithium batteries don't have memory issues like Nickel does.

I just wouldn't leave it on 24/7.

Here you go on the bottom of it.

IMG_1260.JPG

I have a DC56 and it has a Li-Ion battery, ours is on charge 24/7 and gets put back on the dock when the job is done regardless of if it has fully discharged or not. We've done it like that for 2.5 years without issue. Now that may be luck rather than design though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I have a DC56 and it has a Li-Ion battery, ours is on charge 24/7 and gets put back on the dock when the job is done regardless of if it has fully discharged or not. We've done it like that for 2.5 years without issue. Now that may be luck rather than design though.

Cheers m8 that's a great help and was hoping someone who had one would answer as well,so on it goes then and left there,well it will

be used if not everyday every other day but just wanted to see if it will make the life of the battery less being put on with charge in it still.

The battery in ours is still going strong, it still functions the same as it did when it was new. It's on the wall in a cupboard, we have been away and left it for a week too. Only because we forgot to turn it off. We got about 15minutes at normal suction and 7 on boost. Doesn't take that long to charge so can usually get downstairs done, charge it while we get lunch and then do upstairs. I say 'we' I really mean the wife lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

The battery in ours is still going strong, it still functions the same as it did when it was new. It's on the wall in a cupboard, we have been away and left it for a week too. Only because we forgot to turn it off. We got about 15minutes at normal suction and 7 on boost. Doesn't take that long to charge so can usually get downstairs done, charge it while we get lunch and then do upstairs. I say 'we' I really mean the wife lol

Good job you added the last bit or you would be in trouble.

I get just over 25mins with the roller brush on and not tried it with out yet,i was just shocked with the power of it even on normal but the boost sticks to the carpet.

I use it being i care 24/7 at home so this is a massive help and being mainly upstairs it does 3 bedrooms/hall and wet room easy and charge left which is the point of

putting it on charge when not flat,cheers for the advice.

• Like 1

No problem. I think we might well be upgrading soon, will look at Dyson and also the Gtech.

18 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

No problem. I think we might well be upgrading soon, will look at Dyson and also the Gtech.

We have had the Gtech for a few years and great with a very good charge but it has no changeable tools like many vacuums have now including the Dyson i have now.

The Hand held Gtech wouldn't take the skin off a rice pudding lol and the filter is always clogged up.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club