Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK1 Speed sensor replacement

Dagger

My speedo has been dropping occasionally since I got it - the other day it dropped altogether and the EML came on

I've ordered a new sensor - has anyone fitted one of these ?

Thanks

From what I can remember you need to take off the near side wheel removing the locating pin is a pain as well 

It's a pain. Let a garage do it, the pin is indeed a pain to get out and even then the sensors normally stay stuck in gearbox housing due to swollen oil seal and corrosion. Even on a ramp at a garage it can be time consuming , patience is required or it can snap off in box.

• Like 3

This is definitely one of those jobs you'll wish you let someone else do it :lol: even if it is successful.. 

• Like 2

i used to be busy doing something else when one of those jobs enteted the workshop.lol done enough of them over the years thoug to know that patience pays off.

If you do it yourself when replacing the pin and sensor put some grease on the pin and on the o ring on the sensor. Makes it a 5 minute job next time

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club