Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should I worry?

Newbie2017

Hi,  I'm new to Ford and have just agreed to buy a 2015 Fiesta.  Not paid yet but been a bit worried after my car was delayed being brought down from Leicester due to a Ford recall.  I have asked what the recall was and was told it was airbag related.  I cannot see that there has been any such recall for this model.  Also when we looked at it the trim on the rear passenger side door was not fitted properly. And the caps by the seatbelt housing were off.  The caps at least might tie in with an airbag recall as it has curtain airbags around that area.  I have of course said that I will not take the car without the door (and a few other bits like scraped alloy, new tyres being done) but I guess because the recall has made me question whether the reason was genuine I am worried what has been done to the door to cause the trim to be removed.  Any thoughts anyone?

thanks

• Like 1

Might have had crash damage to it if I was buying a car I would expect it to be fit to go when I was ready just my opinion but be

careful there's a lot  of lemons out there

putting it simply, they are lying to you. there are no recalls for airbag on a 2015 fiesta.

• Like 2

I doubt it would be, but if your car is coming from 'Trust' Ford - run like you have never run before.  Mind you, it sounds like you're being sold a car with a past and I'd be considering asking for my deposit back...  A dealer who lies has something to hide.

• Like 2

Just now, GaryPL said:

I doubt it would be, but if your car is coming from 'Trust' Ford - run like you have never run before.  Mind you, it sounds like you're being sold a car with a past and I'd be considering asking for my deposit back...  A dealer who lies has something to hide.

well said :smile:

It has come down from their Leicester dealership and they say that's what they were told.  I've asked to see the paperwork backing up the recall but not got confidence it will materialise.  Thinking of ringing Leicester direct as they just defer to them anyway 

4 minutes ago, dezwez said:

well said :smile:

Awwww fanks :wub:

• Like 1

I smell a rat :sad:

• Like 1

Why am I not in the slightest bit surprised that this is a Trust Ford sale?  Honestly - get your deposit back and go to a proper dealer who is a) competent; b) doesn't lie; c) values its customers; d) I'll stop there, although I could easily carry on :wink:  Trust Ford and their predecessor Dagenham Motors haven't earned a slew of negative reviews for no reason.

The Mk 7/7.5 Fiesta has been the best selling car (or thereabouts) since it came out.  There are plenty of examples and you certainly don't need one dragging down from Leicester to Devon.  I bet you'd be able to find a decent one within Devon.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GaryPL said:

Why am I not in the slightest bit surprised that this is a Trust Ford sale?  Honestly - get your deposit back and go to a proper dealer who is a) competent; b) doesn't lie; c) values its customers; d) I'll stop there, although I could easily carry on :wink:  Trust Ford and their predecessor Dagenham Motors haven't earned a slew of negative reviews for no reason.

The Mk 7/7.5 Fiesta has been the best selling car (or thereabouts) since it came out.  There are plenty of examples and you certainly don't need one dragging down from Leicester to Devon.  I bet you'd be able to find a decent one within Devon.

here here:smile:

• Like 1

It isn't a Ford dealership it's Bristol Street Motors Exeter/Leicester 

I smell a rat sad.png

a big fat one!!
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone. Gonna ring them tomorrow and put to them that there has been no recall and see what they say but tbh not sure what they can say to restore my confidence.  

bristol street!!! even worse.lol

• Like 3

Are there any good car dealerships! Feeling really fed up of looking.  I've had my car for 11 years had no problems but had a bit of a windfall wanted to treat myself to a nice newish one but it just feels more hassle than it's worth. 

30 minutes ago, Newbie2017 said:

Thanks everyone. Gonna ring them tomorrow and put to them that there has been no recall and see what they say but tbh not sure what they can say to restore my confidence.  

To be honest it sounds to me (and from the look of other posts) like crash damage. If you choose not to back out -- everything on the corner will need properly checked... 

I'd advise against it tbh. 

to be fair some bristol street dealers are ok. i bought my focus from bristol street stroud and there sales dept were fine . better than the small ford dealer i was then working for who wanted to rip me off with the same age and model for £2k more than bsm. and the boss wondered why there wasnt staff loyalty. 

It's the being lied to that worries me more.  When it was delayed I wasn't happy with the explanation and said that if they were straight with me I'd at least consider buying a different car from them but if I feel lied to I'll walk which is what I'll do I think.  If they said it's had some damage, like you say I can get it checked independently buy without that honesty I can't see how we can go forward 

did you check the  reg no on ford etis to check for recall other than airbag? perhaps there may be another recall they were refering to?  pm me the reg no if you dont know how to check and i can check for you.

• Like 2

Just had an awkward conversation with them they blame the Leicester branch and almost imply I am judging them by previous bad experience of a purchase (with Ford ironically) I have asked to see paperwork for the "recall/warranty work' that was done and information on what is going on with the door. Really defensive but fact is they've been caught at best not checking their facts at worst lying 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club