Do Not Sell My Personal Information

recall of 1.5 diesel / camshaft sprocket

itscraig

43 minutes ago, Justo said:

Hi all , newbie here and all thanks to Ford cancelling some warranty work on my 64 plate 1.5 Focus reg 8/12/14 . This their reason being 'in their words'. There is a sprocket recall on your car and it makes sense to do it all in one day,, fine I said, would that be next week??? Errr no we are having trouble sourcing the parts at the moment, but will be in touch as soon as we get them. So I ask would that be a few weeks or a month, their reply we can't honestly say!!!! Oh ok I say, An one other thing should I be concerned about this issue, NO there's nothing to worry about it's not something major!!!! ........

I'm a sparky not a mechanic but I certainly know about the cambelts An how things can go terribly wrong ... Where to go from here????

Try a different dealer. There is a shortage of parts due to the number of cars affected. The 1.5TDCi is a very popular engine.

I was just lucky to get mine in before the rush thanks to this post!

I suppose if it's still under warranty and fails before they fix it due to their shortage of parts (they must know how many they are going to have to fix before they notify the recall) then all the extra damage is at their expense, although still very inconvenient (eg. it fails 300 miles from home on a dark rainy night)

just got my car rebooked in for tuesday 11th after many phone calls to ford customer services and trust ford at castleford :wallbash::wallbash:...

this wait  according to ford due to lack of parts

so fingers crossed it should all be done on tuesday :whistling1::whistling1:

Mine done with a 37,500 mile service. Thanks, Craig, for flagging this up. 

• Like 1

Mine is now booked in for mon 17th at Trust Ford Bradford, so not too long a wait I suppose after originally being tues 4th July. 

Yeah mines been done now too. 

Nothing on Etis for my 2015 1.5 tdci built on 21.06.15. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to put the fear into anyone but my cambelt failed on my 15 plate Focus estate 1.5 TDCi last November at 86,000 miles and needed at top end rebuild which took 2 weeks.

I just received the recall today.

"I don't want to put the fear into anyone but my cambelt failed on my 15 plate Focus estate 1.5 TDCi last November at 86,000 miles and needed at top end rebuild which took 2 weeks.I just received the recall today."

what exactly failed? was it the camshaft sprocket (which is what the current recall relates to) or the belt itself, or the tensioner etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, got a letter to get mine sorted today, booked it in for 4th of September. 

Dealer said there where 2 recalls on this model of focus, other one being transmission related, anyone know what that is? 

13 hours ago, Brammer_2k said:

Hi all, got a letter to get mine sorted today, booked it in for 4th of September. 

Dealer said there where 2 recalls on this model of focus, other one being transmission related, anyone know what that is? 

If you put your vehicle VIN into https://www.etis.ford.com/ it should list any outstanding recalls for your vehicle.

On 7/26/2017 at 9:24 AM, Rucil said:

I don't want to put the fear into anyone but my cambelt failed on my 15 plate Focus estate 1.5 TDCi last November at 86,000 miles and needed at top end rebuild which took 2 weeks.

I just received the recall today.

86000 in 2 years ???

crikey thats some going !!!

god only knows how much you spend on fuel each month even for a diesel  :-D

• 2 weeks later...

I knew nothing about this, until recall  letter came from Ford UK

on my 15 Plate 1.5 Tdci 120 car, arranged a time and date and booked into local Jennings Ford, took about 5 hrs

including cam belt change, Invoice copy read £135.00 but free to me as was a recall...

"Invoice copy read £135.00 but free to me as was a recall..."  £135 sounds a bit cheap (I know you did not have to pay).

I bet if I took a car in that was not part of a recall and had this done they would charge a few hundred quid more that that.

I have the 1.5tdci engine in a 2015 Fiesta. I can not find any trace that any Fiestas have been recalled for this camshaft pulley replacement. Seems a bit strange as, as far as I can tell, the 1.5 tdci engines are all made in the same factory together whether they end up in a fiesta or a focus.

• 6 months later...

Hi, sorry all for bringing back a dead thread but i believe i can answer this.  April my engibe broke the camshaft pulley/sproket, cam lobes had marks on them and ultimately a new short block was the cure, car had done 48k at that point, car registered 30th april 2015.

Will upload pictures once i find themm

Allan

• 2 months later...

Don,t know about dead thread but now have dead Focus 1.5 Tdci after camshaft sprocket failure on M1 . God knows how much damage. Car first registered July 15 and I am second owner since Feb 17 . No notice of recall from Ford so how do stand ????? Interesting chat with Ford customer service on Tuesday I suspect.

• Sad 1

Notice of recall probably went to original owner. 

I think ETIS is the place to check if there is outstanding field action.

Thanks Phil. Just checked that. Nothing outstanding. However I was the owner when recall came out according to this thread and I haven't had it done so looks like it wasn't recalled!

It will be interesting what Ford has to say.

Unless you notified ford that you took it on, as far as they are likely to be aware, it still belongs to the person they sold it to.

Good luck!

12 hours ago, Dusty Miller said:

Don,t know about dead thread but now have dead Focus 1.5 Tdci after camshaft sprocket failure on M1 . God knows how much damage. Car first registered July 15 and I am second owner since Feb 17 . No notice of recall from Ford so how do stand ????? Interesting chat with Ford customer service on Tuesday I suspect.

pm me your reg number or tell me the build date of your focus and i will check if it was needed. 

Phil don't ford use DVLA?

Had a second hand Toyota recently that had an airbag recall. That was 12 years old and several owners down the line!!!.

Will do Ian

Thanks both

7 minutes ago, Dusty Miller said:

Phil don't ford use DVLA?

Had a second hand Toyota recently that had an airbag recall. That was 12 years old and several owners down the line!!!.

Will do Ian

Thanks both

Ahh maybe. 

Yes but that's a Japanese company... 🙂

• Like 1

Had my ‘15 plate done last week after 6 weeks of ownership. 37K on the clock. Car feels , well, tighter. Found it needed doing after looking on here and saw about ETIS. 

Patto,

Did your car come up on ETIS as needing Field service Action?

When was yours first registered ?

All info helpful if Ford have been negligent as facing rather large rebuild bill I suspect !