Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight swap to DRL version 2016 Focus Estate

Furio101

What... have I done? :ph34r:

Sorry OP!

Ok, I've fitted my Daytimo Runoing Lights from China (no, seriously, see my build thread!).  Tapped into the headlight wire with no CanBus issues at all and no flickering.

So there :biggrin:

On 7/30/2017 at 2:07 PM, biff55 said:

speed of light is constant regardless of its source unless the laws of physics operate differently in Lincolnshire ;-)

Just realised what you said, Pete.  I seem to remember from grammar school days that light travels slower through different substances, such as glass or water. Hence refraction.  You're right though, I don't think it makes a difference in this case =]

Not to rekindle the fire or anything :biggrin:

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:47 AM, Furio101 said:

HI

Has anyone done this swap? I have a 2016 Focus estate and wanted to upgrade the headlights to the version with the DRL integrated into them, is the wiring harness already in the car or do i need to mod the wiring?

Attached link to the headlight with the DRL

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_headlamp_and_flasher_lamp_assy_lh_2014-_f_2060628_c_1473.htm

1.jpg

Yes, I done this swap on my old 2015 titanium. Just get the headlights all the wiring is already there, but you will need them activated. But this can be tricky to find a Ford dealer to this for you ( takes all of 10minutes) A independent dealer will have a go mind, Jackson Ford did mine £40 in Henley in Arden. You can also do it yourself if you want, its easy enough..

Thanks, I assumed the wiring was already in place. I will have to see if I can find somewhere to get them activated, doubt my local Gates will be that helpful .... 

Yes, everything is there. There was another guy on here who also changed his front lights, and had a problem with main dealers doing the 10 minute activation none was willing, so he done it himself with a modified ELM327 from eBay.

Thanks for the response, I do have an ELM327 used to active my Satnav. I don't think I have the nerv to play around with more setting ref the lights without some instruction .... 

• 2 weeks later...

I put the Chinese sourced Cheese Slice ones into the lower blanked grilles on my Mk3 Tit, and could not get working at first

it was a Chinese wiring problem where their RED wire is actually a Negative, not Positive

and their Black wire is actually a Positive, they then worked but Hyper Flashed, so the next option

was to fit power resistors as per attached circuit drawing, then they worked fine, but auto lights

option, fooled them only use manual light option if fitted !!

Resistor Install 1.jpg

From memory the power resistors were 50 Watt 6 Ohm's, most car lighting suppliers have them Fizzmo, etc etc

Alternative circuit for single or dual Intensity bulbs

Resistor.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club