Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How can remove the silver trim of Central armrest?

D!str0

I was thinking of doing same thing but probly still have to turn key LMAO carnt be that hard to do 

3 points drawn, 3 questions! Ahahha. First what for is the switch to the left. 2nd here you have exactly a flaw like me. The edge is getting lifted. It need to remove till the area of the bubble and redone. Without stretching from top but to work it in the grove first. 3d your car came with an the Ford power button or did you install it? 

Screenshot_20170806-204924.jpg

3 hours ago, ZetecMan1 said:

Looks really good buddy 👍😀 

Your motor is sweet looking mate.

Cheers Martin, your comments mean a lot to me.

My car is my pride and joy, and it's the only car in the household. 👍

12 minutes ago, D!str0 said:

3 points drawn, 3 questions! Ahahha. First what for is the switch to the left. 2nd here you have exactly a flaw like me. The edge is getting lifted. It need to remove till the area of the bubble and redone. Without stretching from top but to work it in the grove first. 3d your car came with an the Ford power button or did you install it? 

Screenshot_20170806-204924.jpg

1. Switch to the left is the  passenger ejector seat, handy when the missus is giving me grief 😉

2. Going to heat it up and see if it will stick back down, if it won't then I'm going to make a small slit in it and apply some super glue.

3. Power button came from the factory

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wilto said:

1. Switch to the left is the  passenger ejector seat, handy when the missus is giving me grief 😉

2. Going to heat it up and see if it will stick back down, if it won't then I'm going to make a small slit in it and apply some super glue.

3. Power button came from the factory

What year? Is it a titanium? 

2010, Zetec S, 1.8 petrol.

If you click on someone's name it takes you to their profile, where you can see info on them, where they are from, what car they drive etc.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 8/1/2017 at 2:00 AM, Stoney871 said:

It's fixed to the upper centre console with plastic welds.
I have a guide in my links on how to remove the upper console under my posts when viewed on a PC.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi Where can I find the link ? sorry I am a newbie to this forum.

Thanks 

BArt 

Hi Where can I find the link ? sorry I am a newbie to this forum.
Thanks 
BArt 
Sorry, that guide seems to have gone awry somewhere but I'll explain it here for you.

First remove gearknob and gaiter-
Push your fingers down and hook under the chromed surround on the side facing away from the dash, the bottom of the gaiter will lift up and unclip.
Unscrew the gearknob and remove.

Lift the armrest and locate two screws on the front upper edge then remove (Torx screwdriver needed).

In the cupholder tray there is another screw to remove.

Lift the handbrake trim up from the rear and pull the gaiter off over the handbrake.

Lift up the console top and pull slightly rearwards to unhook at the front.

Reach underneath to the 12v socket and pull the connector off the back of the socket.

The console top should come right off now.

If any more advice needed please feel free to ask.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On 2/10/2020 at 3:13 PM, Stoney871 said:

Sorry, that guide seems to have gone awry somewhere but I'll explain it here for you.

First remove gearknob and gaiter-
Push your fingers down and hook under the chromed surround on the side facing away from the dash, the bottom of the gaiter will lift up and unclip.
Unscrew the gearknob and remove.

Lift the armrest and locate two screws on the front upper edge then remove (Torx screwdriver needed).

In the cupholder tray there is another screw to remove.

Lift the handbrake trim up from the rear and pull the gaiter off over the handbrake.

Lift up the console top and pull slightly rearwards to unhook at the front.

Reach underneath to the 12v socket and pull the connector off the back of the socket.

The console top should come right off now.

If any more advice needed please feel free to ask.

Thanks for your reply, So the version I have got is Automatic Gearbox, it looks something like the one on attached photo. I have managed to take the part next to gearbox off but nothing else. Ill upload some more photos from my car later today. 

0002f3f671bc-b048-4847-9.jpg

The console panel should now just unscrew and lift off as per my original instructions.

Just move the gear lever back as many gear notches as needed to allow the console to lift over it.

As you lift the rear of the console you'll reach a point where it will slide back and unclip from the front.

14 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

The console panel should now just unscrew and lift off as per my original instructions.

Just move the gear lever back as many gear notches as needed to allow the console to lift over it.

As you lift the rear of the console you'll reach a point where it will slide back and unclip from the front.

Thanks, Ill give it a go this weekend.  

Last question should there be a screw in the cupholder on my car ? 

There should be one under the rubber mat there.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club