Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3 (2011) Dipped Beam Issue

jasonwood1985

Hello please can anyone help?

I have a ford Focus estate 61 Plate (2011) and the other day my drivers side dipped beam bulb wasnt working (passengers side fine as was full beam / side lights etc) so presumed it was the bulb. Took out the bulb and it looked fine but swopped it anyway. But still wont work. So my next though was the fuse.

In the handbook i have it says that the main beam fuse is in the passenger side compartment as F74 however there is no listing what so ever for dipped beam or low beam etc? does anyone know what this is, i checked the fuses best i could and not found one to be blown but if anyone knows which one it should be that would be great or if you have any other suggestions

thanks

Jason

Which fuse box did you check?  I don't know about the mk3 but my mk 2.5 has two.  One in the engine bay and one under the passenger glove box.  Just a thought.

Yeh checked them both thanks, but seems a bit odd that not listed in manual, will check ones under passenger glove box again more just to be safe

• Like 1

Cross checking the wiring diagrams downloaded from here with those in the Haynes manual there doesn't appear to be a fuse (or relay) for the dipped beams. The wiring goes straight into the Body Control Module circuit board. That seems very odd to me but I can only assume there must be some form of protection built into the PCB.

• 1 year later...

Did you solve this? I`m hitting the same issue 

**This may not be useful information**

When I was playing about with LED Bulbs, I had a problem where once the dash decided there was a dipped beam fault, even changing the bulb back wouldn't fix the issue.  I had to shut the car down, lock up etc in order to I assume reset the system.

Might be unconnected, just adding my 2p.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 10:27 AM, vibeone said:

**This may not be useful information**

When I was playing about with LED bulbs, I had a problem where once the dash decided there was a dipped beam fault, even changing the bulb back wouldn't fix the issue.  I had to shut the car down, lock up etc in order to I assume reset the system.

Might be unconnected, just adding my 2p.

It's worth a punt, if it fixes it for @Sandu it would be a nice free fix.

• 7 months later...

My two dip lights are out where is the fuses for them it’s a 2011 Ford Focus thanks

• 1 year later...

Did the finding of the dipped beam fuse get resolved? I have the same issue. I have checked the fuse box on the passenger side and there are no fuses for dipped, except for main beam

There are no fuses for the dipped beam. Fed directly from the BCM. 

Check for water ingress in the connectors on the BCM

• 9 months later...

Did you manage to find a solution to this issues. I am having the same problem and i a don't kbow how to resolve it. Thanks in advance for your responses.

See above. Check the BCM for water ingress, the dipped beam lights are supplied directly from the BCM.

Also check the lamps and fittings for any possible corrosion and/or short-circuits. Remove the lamps and check they are in good condition and then refit just one of them and test to see if it works. Then remove the lamp and refit on the other side and again check to see if it works.

• 1 year later...

For anyone having an issue with dipped beams (normal lights) on the mk3 focus, the solution is cheap and fairly simple. 

Step 1 https://amzn.eu/d/j7ROw4G buy something like that.

Step 2 download Forscan for your laptop

Step 3 plug adaptor into cars obd2 port and connect it to laptop.

Step 4 run the BCM reset command.

Step 5 clear all fault codes in the car.

Upon completion the BCM will function as normal and start providing 12v to all lights instead of 6v. 

I know this is brief but all information on each steps can be found by a simple Google.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club