Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Relock Sync 2 cars

kelvin1950

What we need is a concise Forscan tutorial. What kit to buy, software to download, and a couple of screenshots of what we can do with it. 
What we have to consider with 'Ford say it can't be done' is that Ford have licenses to build and market vehicles across the world. From the USA to Europe. With regard to the drive-away locking issue, which has been around the forums for literally years, is that Ford have to say it can't be done because the EU (love them or hate them) say it shouldn't be done. It is owner configurable in the USA. In the EU they consider it unsafe because in an RTC the doors might not re-open and the rescue people would be delayed in saving the occupants.
There will be an engineer in Ford who could make it happen in seconds but he can't. Having said that, with an easy fix using Forscan I'd do it on my Edge.
[mention=70530]Jonro2009[/mention] if you have it and have used it, whats it like?
H

You’re spot on there, the ‘can’t be done’ needs to be replaced with ‘won’t be done’. It really is a simple job. I take on board what you say about the auto lock when driving, I know the pros and cons but I like the idea of being safe in the car. The way crime is going now you never know what is going to happen.

I have used Forscan a fair bit, it’s quite easy but you run the risk of bricking your car if you don’t use it sensibly. As I said earlier I have done a few bits, one of which was the reverse cam. Ford wanted £500 and I did it for under £25 and that included the modified ELM327 lead, software, wires and camera!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club