Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's this?

Freddy42

Just been having a look under the rear end with a view to retro-fitting some sort of reversing sensors.  I've got the cheapo Chinese foil strip to avoid drilling the bumper but still have an open mind.  Is this connector related to sensors or reverse camera?  Sorry it's out of focus.P1040030.thumb.JPG.1fb1e878c79fa3153082f6c36b0e94f2.JPG

3 hours ago, Freddy42 said:

Just been having a look under the rear end with a view to retro-fitting some sort of reversing sensors.  I've got the cheapo Chinese foil strip to avoid drilling the bumper but still have an open mind.  Is this connector related to sensors or reverse camera?  Sorry it's out of focus.P1040030.thumb.JPG.1fb1e878c79fa3153082f6c36b0e94f2.JPG

Yes this is wiring for rear sensors 

Thanks RAF.  So somewhere in there will be a +12V when in reverse.  The handbook shows fuse 29 in the boot to be blind spot monitor, lane keeping & active city stop & rear view camera - looks promising.  Test meter job.

19 minutes ago, Freddy42 said:

Thanks RAF.  So somewhere in there will be a +12V when in reverse.  The handbook shows fuse 29 in the boot to be blind spot monitor, lane keeping & active city stop & rear view camera - looks promising.  Test meter job.

no idea mate , but i know you can put genuine sensors with that , I did that in my previous focus

7 hours ago, Freddy42 said:

I've got the cheapo Chinese foil strip to avoid drilling the bumper but still have an open mind.

I tried (at £6 worth a punt) this style on the front of my Focus a year or more ago. A quick test showed that it would pick up the road more than any other objects - but you may be able to put the strip higher on the rear bumper than at the front..

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 6:12 PM, Micro said:

I tried (at £6 worth a punt) this style on the front of my Focus a year or more ago. A quick test showed that it would pick up the road more than any other objects - but you may be able to put the strip higher on the rear bumper than at the front..

The strip will be about 60cm above ground and at right angles, so should be OK.  That's a surprise - picking up the road!

I think @JW1982 said in another thread a while ago that the bumper will be marked on the inside to show where to drill if you do decide to go down that route. Plus you can then enable them with focccus and get park pilot working I think?

• Thanks 1

I did rear sensors by myslef on focus mk3 12 plate.

you have to buy few thinks and activate them in system

yes its easy to cut them with knife as bumper have marks where to but  on the back .

like this

attachment.php?attachmentid=88968&d=1511

if you need help let me know I

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club