Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED DRLs

Jonro2009

I am asking in relation to a Mk3.5 but mk3 May be similar

can someone tell me how the DRLs are supposed to function when you turn the engine off. When I unlock the car the DRLs come on and as soon as I open the door they go out, then when I’ve finished my journey and turn the engine off they turn on and as soon as I open the door they turn off. In my experience I am sure the lights go on when you unlock the car then remain on until you start the engine (unless the lights are off), then when you kill the engine the DRLs come on and stay on until you lock the doors. Have I convinced myself of something that I have just made up? Would anyone be able to have a look at what happens on their car? I noticed it more in the dark because you can tell what’s happening from inside the car.

TIA

19 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I am asking in relation to a Mk3.5 but mk3 May be similar

can someone tell me how the DRLs are supposed to function when you turn the engine off. When I unlock the car the DRLs come on and as soon as I open the door they go out, then when I’ve finished my journey and turn the engine off they turn on and as soon as I open the door they turn off. In my experience I am sure the lights go on when you unlock the car then remain on until you start the engine (unless the lights are off), then when you kill the engine the DRLs come on and stay on until you lock the doors. Have I convinced myself of something that I have just made up? Would anyone be able to have a look at what happens on their car? I noticed it more in the dark because you can tell what’s happening from inside the car.

TIA

When I use the remote to unlock the DLR come on. When I open the door the stay on, but when I close the door they go off.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply @avi I might need to get the workshop to have a look at it for me. When you turn the ignition off do your DRLs come on and then when you open the door go off again?

It should do the following.

Unlock the car - Sidelights/LED will come on.

Open the door after unlock - They stay on until you close the door.

Turn the car off after a  journey - They will switch off with the ignition until you open the door of which they will go off again when you close the door, unless you have auto headlights with the "coming home" or delay turned on where the headlights will stay on too for x amount of seconds after you shut the door. Mine is set at 20 seconds.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

It should do the following.

Unlock the car - Sidelights/LED will come on.

Open the door after unlock - They stay on until you close the door.

Turn the car off after a  journey - They will switch off with the ignition until you open the door of which they will go off again when you close the door, unless you have auto headlights with the "coming home" or delay turned on where the headlights will stay on too for x amount of seconds after you shut the door. Mine is set at 20 seconds.

Cheers pal, appreciate you taking the time to check and let me know. I must have written it out wrong in my first post because when I turn the engine off they do behave exactly as you say. When I unlock the car they come on and go off when I open the door, not when I close it. Odd really. I wonder if you have seen my post re the plug that was disconnected behind the near side fog light, I’m no closer to finding out what it is and why it might have been unplugged. Strange plug 

thanks also to @avi 

Edited by Jonro2009
Link added
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club