Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insufficient oil pressure? help!

EdenTimmins

Hi,

I have a Ford KA and for the past couple of weeks I have been getting a message come up on the screen which displays the date and miles saying"insufficient oil pressure please stop and turn around" It has been okay and I have been driving it and it has been fine. Except for today it has came up 3 times and I don't know what to do?

I have googled it and a lot of people are saying to check the oil, which my dad is doing, but then some people are saying it is more serious?

Help????

It could be a faulty sensor, or low oil or oil pump, either way don't drive till it's checked out,  if it's the sensor then no risk of damage if it's the other two could be expensive 

thank you, my dad checked the oil and he said there wasn't any in there so at the moment were thinking it just needed topping up!

29 minutes ago, EdenTimmins said:

thank you, my dad checked the oil and he said there wasn't any in there so at the moment were thinking it just needed topping up!

You may have done long term damage, why no oil is the big question, leak or burning it?

21 hours ago, pragmatix said:

You may have done long term damage, why no oil is the big question, leak or burning it?

its fine now we have figured it out, there was no oil at all in my car we think it just ran out because I got it in November and we didn't see how much was in there from the start, feel like an idiot now for panicking so much:laugh:

“You May have done long term damage”........ answer “it’s fine now, there was no oil,” 🤔😱😱😱😱😱😱 doh!

• Like 1

Tbf, my Mum did this in an old Nissan...  Drove 100 miles at ~90mph with the oil light on solid not knowing what it was before phoning to ask someone.  She topped it up with a few litres and the car was fine for years after that...  That's Jap reliability though, not sure I'd like to try it on a Ford... :laugh: 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club