Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FORD EDGE ALLOY CODE

Laskababy

Hi,does anyone know what the code for a dark coloured 20” alloy wheel like on sport/st line is,I’m told it’s 5358302 but I’m not sure,any info be good.

Hi Laskababy.  Have a look at the post on 14th January on same topic. Not a perfect solution but maybe a good workaround. Powder coated wheels are great until you scratch them then they become a nightmare to get a perfect match

Thanks for the reply GrumpyJohn,was just wondering if there is different colours/shades of alloy for the edge sport/st line or is it just the one dark colour,I think it is just one but was just wondering if more than one shade or not.

Bought a new alloy wheel for my edge as I got a chip on my one,asked around a few places for codes gave reg number etc etc before I bought the alloy,5358302 is code I was told,20” tarnished dark alloy wheel,got alloy home and it’s a lighter colour,anyone know why that is,it’s more silvery,not that much but it’s definitely noticeable,I thought there was just the one colour of wheel for the sport/st line,a bit baffled now why it’s lighter.

I have seen darker wheels than mine, so I’m assuming there are two shades. These are the only two I can find for the Edge, and your code is definitely for the dark tarnished ones.

BCC79383-BCE9-4536-9DC9-471A82543F5A.png

Thanks Wizzo,that’s what I thought,iv looked everywhere but I can’t see any alloys darker than the code I got,that’s why I can’t understand why the wheel I received is a bit lighter than what’s on the car,a mystery.

It’s hard to tell from a photo, as the lighting isn’t great, but this is my colour. It seems much lighter than one I was looking at in a showroom last week

C9AE2545-142F-4026-A792-03874DD85DBC.jpeg

Judging by the disc scoring, this is a rear wheel !

Thanks again Wizzo for the pic,my wheels look darker than your one for some reason,just looked and my original wheel and new wheel have same codes on spokes of the wheel on inside,only difference is on top of wheel where tyre sits is a black stamped code but both wheels have different black stamped codes,not sure if that makes a difference or not but there is a fair difference in colour on both wheels,the place I bought it from are at a loss too why it’s a lighter colour,hopefully get this sorted soon.

Yes, sounds like the one you have is the same colour as mine.

• 3 months later...

I think the post for the colour code was my one from couple months back. I have since had a couple more scuff marks on the wheels and just haven't bothered.

The way I see it is, I'm going to curb them over time and I'll just give it a few years then if I feel like it, get them all refurbed.

I got my money back for the alloy I bought weeks ago,it was a lighter colour than my ones yet was exact same code and everything,the ford dealer were at a loss as to why it was like that,they even ordered another one and it was the same,lighter colour,ford opened an investigation but came back a couple weeks later after checking stock to say they are happy the alloys are all the correct colour yet they were lighter colour than what’s on my car,so why they came back and said that I don’t know,even the place I bought alloy said there was a clear difference in colour but ford said they were happy so I just got my money back,strange one but I don’t care,it was just a tiny chip on my one and hardly noticeable so I can live with it,my OCD was kicking in,they prob get kerbed soon anyway so past careing.

My car went into the Ford garage for a warranty repair, DPF sensor had failed apparently with engine management light on.

However, I think they have changed my front left wheel.

I have no proof and it's just a thought and I'm not going to do anything about it cause it'll just sound crazy. The front left wheel is ever so slightly darker than my 3 other wheels and I can swear down it never used to be like that but getting in the driver side 99% of the time obviously, I don't see it that often. I noticed a large scrape on my rear left wheel a week or so after I took it in, and it wasn't like a curbing mark but a scrape the size of a thumb nail, with the lines in the scrape running straight towards the centre of the wheel with red paint all over it. The paint chipped off but it looked more like a tooling mark. Makes me wonder if they damaged it whilst in the shop and did the same to the front but worse and swapped it out.

Nothing I can do or prove so hey ho. Would've checked the dash cam footage earlier if I noticed it.

But anyhow, long story short, my left side wheels, in my opinion look slightly different shades.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club