Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning Light

mancford

help!!

Hi when i turn the ignition to pos 2 all the light come on aprt from the engine managament. in the owners manual it states that the light should come on then go off after a few secounds.

the car is driving fine but not sure what to do next can any1 please help.

Many thanks

Gav

help!!

Hi when i turn the ignition to pos 2 all the light come on aprt from the engine managament. in the owners manual it states that the light should come on then go off after a few secounds.

the car is driving fine but not sure what to do next can any1 please help.

Many thanks

Gav

have you just bought the car? if yes it sounds to me like someone might have pulled the bulb to hide a fault?

if you have owned the car and its just stopped coming on then id say the bulb has blown?

have you just bought the car? if yes it sounds to me like someone might have pulled the bulb to hide a fault?

if you have owned the car and its just stopped coming on then id say the bulb has blown?

Hi thanks for your responce. yer had the car around two weeks what would you advise me to do is it easy to chnage the bulb???

Hi thanks for your responce. yer had the car around two weeks what would you advise me to do is it easy to chnage the bulb???

ive no idea if the bulbs can be changed to be perfectly honest. was it a dealer you bought from?

what year of focus?

ive no idea if the bulbs can be changed to be perfectly honest. was it a dealer you bought from?

what year of focus?

no wasnt a dealer from a guy i only noticed it wasnt working when i drove my freinds car and its a 52 plate thanks for your help.

Have you tried the 'Focus Dashboard Secret (Trick)' in this forum?

I think that the second test is one that lights all the fitted bulbs in the cluster.

Yes the bulbs can be changed, they screw fit into the back of the cluster.

• Like 1

bulbs been taken out or blown, id be more inclined to say its been removed.

first you might want to try the dashboard secret pinned at the top of the focus forum or click here theres a self test it does where it lights up all the bulbs on the dash. dam rog beat me to the punch

then if you're handy with a screw driver id have a look and see if its gone, if its not there then its like stef says. if the bulbs there then possibly its just blown, replace it and see if it goes on then off as usual.

stef im prety sure they can be replaced, sod paying for an entire cluster just to sort a single blown light!

Have you tried the 'Focus Dashboard Secret (Trick)' in this forum?

I think that the second test is one that lights all the fitted bulbs in the cluster.

Yes the bulbs can be changed, they screw fit into the back of the cluster.

is th test easy to do and if i did this where would the code appear if there was a fault or does it just iluminate all the bulbs. and if it doesnt light is it easy to change?? thanks for your help

there are many things the dashboard secret does and its as easy as holding the trip reset button and starting the engine, have a look at the topic. not too hard to change, if you dont feel comfortable chagning the bulb blindly then get a haynes manual for you're model fo focus dont think it would be anymore than £12 and probably a quid for the bulb from an automotive shop

hello all thnaks for your help if i follow these steps for the dashboard trick. will it then light all the bulbs or will i have to do somthing to make this happen or will it run a self dignostic test??

sorry guys and thanks

hello all thnaks for your help if i follow these steps for the dashboard trick. will it then light all the bulbs or will i have to do somthing to make this happen or will it run a self dignostic test??

sorry guys and thanks

to begin with it does a little self test where it lights everything up, then checks you're gauges (or the other way round)

then with each press it will go in to different sections of diagnostic so you can select things like speed, revs, battery, error codes (things the engine management light is indicating)

to get rid of self diagnostic just turn off engine and restart as normal.

the topic for the dash secret details all of this though its a good read and might help you with something else in the future.

let us know how you get on. by sounds of it though you're going to need to replace that bulb no matter what the outcome of the self diagnostic

Hold the trip button in and switch on the ignition (there is no need to start the car for this test)

When the LCD display shows TEST release the button.

Press it again and it will do a guage sweep

Press again and all the lamps will light.

Switch off

Hold the trip button in and switch on the ignition (there is no need to start the car for this test)

When the LCD display shows TEST release the button.

Press it again and it will do a guage sweep

Press again and all the lamps will light.

Switch off

yeah sorry doesnt matter if engine is on or not i was just remembering that cause i was playing with the speed test on mines :D

The bulbs can be easily removed. I've removed the 'door ajar' light on mine because it kept flickering.

if it still doesnt illuminate when doing the dash trick then i would take a close look at the screw heads that hold the cluster in the dash, look out for any shiny suspicious looking ones.

Just checked..its the third press

1.Shows a Gauge Sweep

2.Shows all 8's on the LCD (LCD TEST)

3.Illuminates all the bulbs on the dash

hi all thanks again just done the test and the bulb did not light also not i think is it dtc codes it flashed none. is this good???? just read my haynes looks fairly simple but it showing i have to remove the full dash. is it easy?? thanks Gav

'none' is good!

According to my Haynes, Chapter 12.14 section 10, it gives instructions how to remove instrument panel only.

Thats all i can see cnt see how to change the bulb i really cnt thankyou for your help. thanks if you do find out how to change the bulb please let me know.

Thats all i can see cnt see how to change the bulb i really cnt thankyou for your help. thanks if you do find out how to change the bulb please let me know.

Chapter 12.14 Section 11 says 'If a warning light or an illumination bulb has failed remove the bulbholder by twisting it anticlockwise and pulling it out from the instrument cluster..'

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club