Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 95' 1.8, Serious Pollution Problem

asaf.adler

Hello all,

I have a 1995 Ford Mondeo MK1.

The car has serious pollution problem. It's CO level is more than 10 times than allowed by law. (around 3.7%)

It also consumes too much gas, and its rpm (idle) is always higher than ir should - around 1300 rpm.

It suppose to be a common problem with this car - so maybe one of you knows the reason?

We looked at the oxygen sensor and it OK, also the catalytic converter and it's sensor is OK too.

Please assist.

Thank you very much!

Asaf.

Hello all,

I have a 1995 Ford Mondeo MK1.

The car has serious pollution problem. It's CO level is more than 10 times than allowed by law. (around 3.7%)

It also consumes too much gas, and its rpm (idle) is always higher than ir should - around 1300 rpm.

It suppose to be a common problem with this car - so maybe one of you knows the reason?

We looked at the oxygen sensor and it OK, also the catalytic converter and it's sensor is OK too.

Please assist.

Thank you very much!

Asaf.

could be many probs i had a mkii 1.8 and had to replace the lambda sensor, catalytic converter, and then we found that when the cat broke up it partially blocked the back box so that had to be replaced the following mot. this co however is extremely high! u havnt put an induction kit on and removed the intake sensor have u?

both the catalytic and lambda were diagnosed ok.

No kit or so, though i removed the thermostat some years ago, but for years it worked fine.

The weather here is always hot so with or without thermostat does not make a difference.

Thanks,

Asaf.

i think its fuel mixture that is the problem. check intake pipes for air leaks. that is the big pipe either side of the air filter box.not sure if injectors could cause this but havnt heard of this problem with such low mileage. could try a decent petrol additive but if something is worn in the fuel system this could finish it off! would recommend code reading to try and identify the problem!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club