Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

Gary1957

fiesta cambelt

6 posts in this topic

I have a 2002 fiesta 1.4 lx. The car has done 30000 miles and i am not sure when the cambelt needs changing. Can anyone advise me .... Cheers Gary

I have a 2002 fiesta 1.4 lx. The car has done 30000 miles and i am not sure when the cambelt needs changing. Can anyone advise me .... Cheers Gary

According to fords warranty and service guide that came with my car ( Fiesta zetec 1.4i mk6 ) they say...'quote': camshaft drive belt, tensioner and idler, renew zetec, zetec-se 1.7VCT, zetec-E ( without auto tensioner ) ( every 5 years or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first )

According to fords warranty and service guide that came with my car ( Fiesta zetec 1.4i mk6 ) they say...'quote': camshaft drive belt, tensioner and idler, renew zetec, zetec-se 1.7VCT, zetec-E ( without auto tensioner ) ( every 5 years or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first )

I changed my cambelt, auxilary belt, engine oil and spark plugs a few months ago and it was very easy, no special tools needed. According to Autodata the cambelt needs to be changed every 10 years or 100,000 miles which is very nice indeed.

Nathanlee-miller - how did you change your cambelt? I was quoted something like £350 by a garage to change it because they said it was an "engine out" job.

Cheers

Nathanlee-miller - how did you change your cambelt? I was quoted something like £350 by a garage to change it because they said it was an "engine out" job.

Cheers

#engine out! my kyber pass!

I've been reading some other forums and would agree with you that you don't need the engine out. Think I'll use a different garage and leave you r Kyber Pass alone. ;)