• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gary1957

Gary1957

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: 02 fiesta 1.4 lx
Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:59 AM

I have a 2002 fiesta 1.4 lx. The car has done 30000 miles and i am not sure when the cambelt needs changing. Can anyone advise me .... Cheers Gary

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Russ

Russ

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4i zetec

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:48 AM

I have a 2002 fiesta 1.4 lx. The car has done 30000 miles and i am not sure when the cambelt needs changing. Can anyone advise me .... Cheers Gary

According to fords warranty and service guide that came with my car ( Fiesta zetec 1.4i mk6 ) they say...'quote': camshaft drive belt, tensioner and idler, renew zetec, zetec-se 1.7VCT, zetec-E ( without auto tensioner ) ( every 5 years or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first )

#3 Nathanlee-miller

Nathanlee-miller

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk4 1.25 Zetec Encore
Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:13 AM

According to fords warranty and service guide that came with my car ( Fiesta zetec 1.4i mk6 ) they say...'quote': camshaft drive belt, tensioner and idler, renew zetec, zetec-se 1.7VCT, zetec-E ( without auto tensioner ) ( every 5 years or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first )

I changed my cambelt, auxilary belt, engine oil and spark plugs a few months ago and it was very easy, no special tools needed. According to Autodata the cambelt needs to be changed every 10 years or 100,000 miles which is very nice indeed.

#4 duncanda

duncanda

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MkIV 1.25 Ghia
Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:35 PM

Nathanlee-miller - how did you change your cambelt? I was quoted something like 350 by a garage to change it because they said it was an "engine out" job.

Cheers

#5 Russ

Russ

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4i zetec

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

Nathanlee-miller - how did you change your cambelt? I was quoted something like 350 by a garage to change it because they said it was an "engine out" job.

Cheers

#engine out! my kyber pass!

#6 duncanda

duncanda

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MkIV 1.25 Ghia
Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:00 PM

I've been reading some other forums and would agree with you that you don't need the engine out. Think I'll use a different garage and leave you r Kyber Pass alone. ;)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users