• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dibbles

dibbles

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo
Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:58 PM

hi everybody,can someone please shed some light on my big problem.i recently bought a mondeo 2.0 auto 1999 on a x plate,the problem is my rev counter is very erratic and when it gets to 4000 revs it wont go no further and the engine starts jumping around,then i lose power.i have overdrive and sport mode i try both of them with no luck.then when the engine gets warm it seems to sort it self out for a while then it comes back again.i have just had a new coil pack,ht leads,new spark plugs,and a new temp sensor put on and it dosent seem to have cured it .im at a complete loss now so i hope someone out there can help a desperate man ,ty look forward to some advice

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:05 PM

you could try cleaning the maf sensor with carb cleaner being carefull not to damage the wire (just spray nothing else), also had this on a car once and it turned out to be tne exhaust which had collapsed in one of the boxes causing a slight blockage

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users