Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec 1. Tdci Mk7 Alarm Or Not?

Wappygixer

We have just bought a MK7 Fiesta Zetec on a 58 plate.Last night we were woken by an alrm going off as if it was in our bedroom.I looked out of the window at our car and no indicators were flashing.I went out anyway just to check and nothing to say it had been active.

My neighbour also though it was our car.

Today I have been trying to set it off but to no effect.

Does my car have an alarm or not?

The car did have a couple of electrical problems when we bought it, indicators didn't work and door locks didn't work.I'm just wondering if its connected?

I'm just so gutted as we've only had it a week and already it needs to go back for the remote controls on the steering wheel not working and now a leak on the rear wheel arch wetting the carpet in the rear footwell.The alarm thing would really finish it off.

Thanks

as briggsy said it could be releated. Shame with those all defects and i hope bad luck turns around soon for you

It was 2am when it went off and living in a Cul-de-sac it echoed pretty well.I have a feeling it was a car over the road.

With what I've read if it was the alarm then it should have said something on the lcd for the radio.

This is our 4th Ford and the most expensive by several grand and its been the most troublesome and we've only had it a week lol.

At least I still have a few momths of Fords warranty and the dealership have been very good and found us a courtesy car much faster than Ford direct did.

Fingers crossed for Wednesday as the list grows.

Perimeter alarm is only standard on the titanium and zetec s, unless it was added as an option?

I'm not sure if one was added.I know the original purchaser had bluetooth fitted but not sure what else.

I've tried setting the deadlocks with a window open and popping the bonnet but nothing.I've also tried locking the car normally with an open window and opening a door and again nothing.

Thanks for the replies

The ford alarm does not detect internal movement it is only if a door, the bonnet or the boot are opened without the car unlock disabling the alarm, the focus cc has an interior alarm as it is a convertible. If it is an aftermarket alarm such as a Clifford you may have more fancy features but you would know as you would have Been told.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club