Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Key programming help?

farmingstock

I have a 2015 fiesta van that I’m trying to code a flip key for, I’ve got a genuine Ford key cut, turns the dash lights on but obviously isn’t coded so it won’t start.

I’ve tried using Forscan but the IC option isn’t there on newer models.

is there another way of coding the key? Something I can buy/software etc, the guy that cut the key couldn’t help me 

The car is what has to be programmed not the key. For a 2015 vehicle you will need a Ford dealer.

On 5/1/2024 at 1:05 PM, unofix said:

For vehicles built 2013 onwards your option is a genuine Ford key from a Ford garage £199

or (NOT recommended) getting your spare key cloned for approx £120

or for a laugh a cloned key supplied and cut by Timpsons £230

It is very important to understand that it is the vehicle that gets programmed to recognise the key. It is not the key that gets programmed.

If you go to the Ford dealer (recommended) then they will delete all keys from the vehicles memory including your spare. They will then supply a new keyfob (and cut the blade) and then programme the car to recognise the new key and also your spare.

If at some point in the future the missing key should turn up, then it will not work !! You would have to go back to the dealer and have all 3 keys reprogrammed in to the vehicle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, farmingstock said:

I have a 2015 fiesta van that I’m trying to code a flip key for, I’ve got a genuine Ford key cut, turns the dash lights on but obviously isn’t coded so it won’t start.

I’ve tried using Forscan but the IC option isn’t there on newer models.

is there another way of coding the key? Something I can buy/software etc, the guy that cut the key couldn’t help me 

As you've discovered, Forscan won't work in programming a key after I believe 2013. You need to go to a proper auto locksmith who will have more sophisticated software that will do it. Or even, a Ford main dealer though they'll be unlikely to entertain a key that wasn't purchased from them...

I’ve contacted the main dealer and they said the van didn’t come with a flip key out of the factory so they won’t code one to it, I’ll try and find a auto locksmith as I’m sure it can be done I’ve seen other fiesta vans with flip keys

14 minutes ago, farmingstock said:

I’ve contacted the main dealer and they said the van didn’t come with a flip key out of the factory so they won’t code one to it, I’ll try and find a auto locksmith as I’m sure it can be done I’ve seen other fiesta vans with flip keys

It can definitely be done, yes, an independent auto locksmith should be able to sort you...

My own flip key for my 2005 Focus.

IMG_20230302_132544_5.thumb.jpg.471f4be7b9d7a3d730e27cedac8e26ff.jpg

• Like 1

Wondered if I could buy the software myself, I’d be gutted if I paid someone £100 or more to code the van for a flip key and it’s a 2 minute job that I could have done myself.

9 minutes ago, farmingstock said:

Wondered if I could buy the software myself,

Indeed you can. Just take a look at Autel, they do a full range of equipment that will clone a key. The hardware that you need is about £599+VAT and then you will need the software and licence which is £750 annually.

it's just a thought but perhaps this is why you have to pay someone £100 or more for a 2 minute job 🤣

• Haha 1

Wondered if I could buy the software myself, I’d be gutted if I paid someone £100 or more to code the van for a flip key and it’s a 2 minute job that I could have done myself.

• Confused 1

See the post above

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Indeed you can. Just take a look at Autel, they do a full range of equipment that will clone a key. The hardware that you need is about £599+VAT and then you will need the software and licence which is £750 annually.

it's just a thought but perhaps this is why you have to pay someone £100 or more for a 2 minute job 🤣

Maybe worth buying, only need to do a few keys and it’s paid off 🤷🏼‍♂️

8 hours ago, farmingstock said:

Maybe worth buying, only need to do a few keys and it’s paid off 🤷🏼‍♂️

You'll need to add about £300 for a key cutting machine too if you're contemplating a career change 😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

You'll need to add about £300 for a key cutting machine too if you're contemplating a career change 😂

Worth thinking about! 

The latest changelog for FORScan shows PATS programming reintroduced, for certain models.

Make sure you're on the latest version and give it a go

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

The latest changelog for FORScan shows PATS programming reintroduced, for certain models.

Would be interesting to know exactly what year/models that involves...

• + service function BCM/BdyCM "PATS Programming" (models with standard key) for:

• Escape 2017-2019 model years
  • Focus Mk3 (Europe) 2011 model year (2011-2014)
  • Focus Mk3.5 (Europe) 2015 model year (2015-2018)
  • Focus Mk3.5 (North America, except BEV) 2016-2018 model years
  • Focus CMax (Europe) 2015 model year (2015-2018)
  • Focus CMax (North America) 2016-2018 model years
  • Kuga Mk2 2013 model year (2013-2016)
  • Kuga Mk2.5 2017 model year (2017-2019)
  • Transit Connect 2014-2018 model years

+ service procedure RFA "Remote Keyless Entry and Start Programming" (models with push button start) for:

• Escape 2017-2019 model years
  • Focus Mk3 (Europe) 2011 model year (2011-2014)
  • Focus Mk3.5 (Europe) 2015 model year (2015-2018)
  • Focus Mk3.5 (North America) 2016-2018 model years
  • Focus CMax (Europe) 2015 model year (2015-2018)
  • Focus CMax (North America, except BEV) 2016-2018 model years
  • Kuga Mk2 2013 model year (2013-2016)
  • Kuga Mk2.5 2017 model year (2017-2019)

• + External PATS calculator (requires Internet access and paid Extended License) for service procedure RFA "Remote Keyless Entry and Start Programming" (models with push button start) for:

• Galaxy/S-Max 2.2 TDCi 2010 model year
  • Mondeo Mk4 2.2 TDCi 2011 model year

+ External PATS calculator (requires Internet access and paid Extended License) for service procedure BCMii "PATS Programming" (models with mechanical keys) for:

• B-Max 2012 model year
  • Galaxy/S-Max 2.2 TDCi 2010 model year
  • Mondeo Mk4 2.2 TDCi 2011 model year
  • Transit (Europe) 2006 model year (2010-2013)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

latest changelog for FORScan shows PATS programming reintroduced, for

That is good news. It would be nice if they would do the Focus Mk4 

Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately the update didn’t work either

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club