#1 In the Dark

In the Dark

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: charles
  • Ford Model: S-Max 1.8 Zetec
  • Year: 2006

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:32 PM

Doing the annual pre-MOT checks on my S-Max, i have discovered that front side light & rear light on offside of the car are not working. (headlights / brake lights all OK) Checked the bulbs & all are OK. Cannot find any list of a fuse for side & rear lights, anyone have any suggestions ? Reluctant to take it into the local garage as still fighting with them over an issue they created at the last service.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 cyb

cyb

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 548 posts
  • Name: Colin
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.4tdci
  • Year: 2009

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:56 AM

front and rear light failure usually indicates a blown fuse, best check the owners manual to see which one :)

#3 In the Dark

In the Dark

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: charles
  • Ford Model: S-Max 1.8 Zetec
  • Year: 2006

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:13 PM

Yes, a fuse was my first thought, but as far as i can see from the owners manual only headlamps, brake & reversing lights have individual fuses.

#4 MikeF

MikeF

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: S-Max
  • Year: 2007

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

I have same problem but with nearside front & back sidelights! Can't see from owners handbook which fuse protects this circuit. Unless anyone can help I guess I will have to inspect every fuse!

#5 Disinterested

Disinterested

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Nick
  • Ford Model: S-Max
  • Year: 2008

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

I have the same problem. Apparently its something do to with the terribly clever lighting control system (obviously not THAT clever) which needs to be reset. I was advised to disconnect the battery in order to reset the system, but that didn't work. If you can find the electrical connection into the ECU under the glovebox, this is also an option to reset the system. Alternatively it seems to be a common enough issue that any decent Ford garage ought to be able to fix it in about five minutes.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users