Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fixing Rear Sensors

saabu

Dear friends,

I would appreciate your input regarding the following two queries I have.

My car is a Ford Mondeo 2002 LX Auto. I have decided to install some rear sensors to help with parking. These need to be drilled into the bumper. I have already bought the item. My queries are as follows:

1. How do I feed the wire from the sensor [4 in number] into the boot. I cannot see any obvious openings in the chassis through which I can feed the wires through.

2. How do I identify which is the wire for the reverse light on the light module [needed to fix the wire to sensor box to power up]

Look forward to hearing from you and thanking you in anticipation of the same.

Best regards

Run the cables over towards the kirb side or offside of the car and up under the wing. You should see a grommit there for other wires to pass through. If not, drill a hole, pass the wires up into the wing behind the boot lining and seal the hole with some silycon or similar.

From inside pull the boot lining back so you can see your wires and the back of the reversing light cluster. Disconnect the wireing holder. Put the car into reverse with the ignition on and use an electrical tester to see which wires have power. Take the car out of reverse and re-check to make sure that you have the right one. Use a scotch connecter to piggy back the power to the sensor box.

Run the cables over towards the kirb side or offside of the car and up under the wing. You should see a grommit there for other wires to pass through. If not, drill a hole, pass the wires up into the wing behind the boot lining and seal the hole with some silycon or similar.

From inside pull the boot lining back so you can see your wires and the back of the reversing light cluster. Disconnect the wireing holder. Put the car into reverse with the ignition on and use an electrical tester to see which wires have power. Take the car out of reverse and re-check to make sure that you have the right one. Use a scotch connecter to piggy back the power to the sensor box.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I shall have a look under the wing on the offside, as you suggested and see if there is a grommit. Feel a bit hesitant to drill a hole into the chassis though. I presume that I would not need to remove the bumper to do this job.

Regards,

Sid

I didnt remove the bumper when I fitted mine. Ive done quite a few now, although the latest came with them already fitted. You may even find it is plastic under there. I know one of my cars was. Also one had a grommit going into the spare wheel well, so I ran the cables in through that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club