• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Name: anthony
  • Ford Model: mondeo titanium x
  • Year: 2008

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

hi

i could do with some help please,
my car is just around the 55.000 mile mark and although it has not told me yet it needs a service i suspect that it is due so i would like to know if anyone can tell me if they know any good ( honest ) dealers in the birmingham area that i could get to do the service on my car.

i also have another issue that you maybe able to help with i have not had my car long but i have noticed it is super heavy on petrol i know i am driving the 2.3 petrol but even so it still seems heavy. for example i puit £35 in the tank the other day and drove a 160 mile motorway trip and by the end of this i needed to refill, can anyone tell me if this is right or if i do have and issue and if i do what it could be please,

thank for any help
anthony

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 pragmatix

pragmatix

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Name: Pete
  • Ford Model: Mondea 2Ltr Tdci Ghia X Estate
  • Year: 2002

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

I cant help with a garage, but your fuel consumption seems a litle high, though I cant really comment on it as I dont know what speed you where doing on the motorway, also the fuel gauge may be reading low if the tank is low if you see what I mean.
The only way to check your fuel consuption is to brim the tank, take a note of your mileage, drive about for a 100 miles or more refill the tank and note the mileage do the maths and you will have an accurate account of your consumption

Hope that helps a bit

#3 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,480 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

You were probably doing 29 to 30 mpg. Did you fill up with branded fuel or did you get it from a Super Market. I find I get 5mpg less when I fill up at Asda's.

#4 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

28-30mpg is about right for the 2.3 and close to fords figures

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users