Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Can't Touch The Android.. Help!!

Brigante

what program do i need to open the clockwork mod file with? downloaded it but i cant open it

Winrar will extract Tar files , inside will be a Zip file , but if you go down this route , then read read read before you do it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• Preee

• Stoney871

• k13r4n

when i open the tar file with winrar, it just comes up with recovery.img n wants me to burn the image to a cd.

after explaining the problem to an 'o2 guru' (guru roughly translated meaning useless eejit who speaks little english n doesn't have a clue what they are doing), they went quiet for ages, then left the conversation.

Tried again, explaining to someone else, they asked me for my account details as in remaining air time allowance etc, which i obviously don't know if i can't get into my phone to check, thats the whole problem. so i try logging into my o2, this doesnt work n wont let me log in, n just asks me to reset my account, i reset, but it just keeps going back to the reset page, so i go back to the conversation to tell em this, only to find they have said i've took too long to tell em the info n they've closed the conversation.

Try again, new guru, explained everything, went quiet again for ages, then a message popped up n it said they passing me onto a relevant person who can help.

New guru, this time they don't even say anything, n it just pass's me onto yet another one.

Final guru, explain yet again, they ask if it's still in the first year, i say yes, they ask if i bought it online, I say yes, they say take it to the nearest store where they will replace it. I ask if theres no other way of doing a hard reset or them doing anything with the imei number, cause whenever i've had trouble with previous phones, the first thing asked for every time was the imei number. They say there is nothing they can do without physically holding the phone in their hand n to take it to store for replacement.

So after a few hours of trying to talk to at least 5 different 'gurus' I'm no closer to fixing it.

Taking to a store will be a right !Removed! take as the closest ones are in town, which has just been on tv today that nottingham is the 3rd worst city in the uk for congestion n is basically stand still traffic all the way through.

Was gonna go today but the Missus has been suffering from a severe aura migraine since last night so I've been trying to take care of her.

Also, looking on o2 site, it says if i bought my phone online, i have to phone a customer services to ask them how to send it to them.

So if i drive all the way to town in stand still traffic, n take it to a store, are they then just gonna send me off with my faulty phone n say phone the number?

Gonna try n call it tomorrow but I know i'll be stuck on hold for ages

Sorry for the long rant by the way I'm just obviously very stressed out with not having a phone since monday

Any ideas why my phone menus are wierd? as in the power n home button do nothing? power, home n vol up do the recovery menu, n i cant access the download menu?

Update: playing about i can access the download menu by holding volume up and down when powering on. but now i'm in download menu, it says downloading... do not turn off target!! even though i'm not downloading anything, is it safe to turn off withing wanging it even more? also, kies still wont connect the phone in download mode

done the cwm as in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JldgTC7TY_M

but i don't get what it's supposed to as done as after rebooting, it just takes me back to exactly the same screen n i still can't touch the smegging android

it's gonna be a trip to o2 n someones gonna be getting a Samsung galaxy ace embedded in their skull

It's still under warranty , remove the Clockwork Mod there should be a remove in the menu , and take it back to the store. Better off getting a replacement or it fixed rather than go any further.

Looks like I'll have to. Care to hazzard a guess as to what could cause all this though? All i did was a factory data reset n now whatever i do i just can't get passed touch the android.

would it be worth trying a cwm via odin on the laptop?

By the way Paul mate I really appreciated your help on this and I'm sorry for the annoyance lol with my trivial problem.

Charlie

No problem m8, but i would just remove the CLockwork Mod and send it back , as it's still under warranty.

Alright mate I'm not seeing any option to remove the clockwork on it?

You may as well try and flash Latest Firmware , as your be doing much the same to remove CLM.

Goto sammobil.com

Register

Goto Firmware page

input your phone details

Smartphone / Android / Samsung / Galaxy Ace 5830i / England.

Download the English firmware file and follow instructions. using ODIN

Read read read.

If it's not a hardware fault , it may fix your problems.

gonna sound silly but where do i register? it appears to be some sort of a google with sponsored links to various sites

ah thats right. without the www. its a different site

If this is your phone

Firmwares for GT-S5830i - United Kingdom

Then yes that looks like the right Firmware.

If it fails you have nothing to lose , and it will clear the CWM so you will be safe to take it back if it fails.

yes thats it mate. again nice one for all your help, your a gent.

will try now. here goes..

riight downloading now, 130mb file. in the odin software, how do i open it?

:wacko: my odin software not opening now, giving an error message whether i run as admin or not

There should be a Readme File

Re-install Odin if it fails to load.

I can't give you a detailed guide as i have not upgraded Firmware on my Daughters phone , Only did it on my Old Samsung Galaxy S and it may be different , so your better to sit and read the Readme.

Failing that there is a good forum there , detailing every step to take.

Beside's the Initial Download file once you Unzip , there will be other files inthere that look as if they are Zipped , Do the readme as not all files have to be Un-zipped ODIN sorts that stuff out , there will be two or three files in the download.

When you install new firmware, phone takes a while to start as it has to reset it self, wait for it to start , don't automatically think it's failed because it take's a while.

theres just 2 files, a .dll and the main .tar.md5 file, no read me,

got odin working now, if i try running it as admin i get an error message, if i then try opening it non admin same thing happens. but if i reinstall it n just open it as normal (non admin) it opens fine. basically clicking 'run as admin' kills it

i read somewhere that you open the file under the pda button.

this is what i'm looking at once i've plugged in my phone, opened odin n found the file.

odin.jpg

do i now click 'start' n cross my fingers?

will that cooper file work with my phone? the s5830i an s5830 are different phones n the flash for one will rape the other

the odin i've got is different to the one in that guide. mine doesnt have the 'one package' option.

I'll download the odin from the guide now, is it safe for my phone though? in the file name it says its for the s5830

The Cooper.OPS file is required for flashing all phones The .TAR file is the firmware

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club