AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

TDCiST

How To Fit New Front Upper Grille On Mk2.5 Focus

19 posts in this topic

Guys and Girls,

Please find attached my guide for replacing the upper front grille on the Ford Focus Mk2.5.

This guide can be used for modifying to the ST grille or for direct replacement of your original grille.

For those who wish to know, the FINIS number for the ST Grille is 1538478. Quote this at any ford dealer and they will confirm its an ST Grille.

Please note, the bonnet lock mechanism is quite fragile and is known to break easily. This happened to me, and although i have included a fix in my guide, I cannot be held responsible for any breakages!!

Happy Modifying!

Upper Front Grille Replacement.pdf

TDCiST

wilson1811 and Balmesz001 like this

Looking forward to this guide mate, it's the next mod on my list!! :)

Gavc, Your wish is my command!!

Please see amended first post for the guide!

Great guide mate and will be useful for people wanting to change their grill.

Also noticed we got the same gel overlays lol.

On a side note about the bonnet lock problem, don't think you've seen it but I actually wrote a guide on explaining and fixing the bonnet lock problem a while ago.

Ah in that case at least there are plenty of guides available for people if they break them!!

ST front upper grille ordered, collect tomorrow, so will hopefully be fitting this weekend, your guide will be invaluable!!

Cheers mate :)

;) if you can get the paint/carbon vinyl it would be a good time to do your bonnet lip also ;)

Yeah was thinking that, if I can make my mind up on what to do lol, do you have a link to where you purchased your vinyl?

Thanks mate, appreciate that! ;)

Anytime! Here to help ;)

immensely helpful thanks bud, particularly the bit about bending that lower central flappy lug so the grill slots iin in the middle. Took a while but got there. The sad thing is, where the old grill was lower than the ST one and had obviously been rubbing on the paintwork, there is a 5" line of worn paint visible of the bumper in the middle so may have to get that looked at next as T-cut didn't fix it.

I had the same on mine mate. I've touched mine up and it doesn't look too bad.. Still not perfect but better than the white line it was!!

EXCITED , will be doing this soon !!!!
hope i don't break it !!!

Just be gentle, and try to release the bonnet latch before pulling on the grille.. May help a bit in the bonnet latch issue. Easily sorted tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Oliverb likes this

Hey bud, tried opening the PDF on my Ipad no luck so downloaded adobe reader. No luck, could you email the guide? No worries if not mate.

Cheers

Cant open the pdf on my galaxy s4??

Yunii

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Just tried the guide on my iPhone and works fine.

If you still want it emailed PM me your email address and I'll do it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Job done in about half an hour last night thanks to this. Cheers for the write up.