Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

a19rsy

Engine System Fault

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a Ford Focus Titanium 1.8TDCi on a 57 reg, and last summer a warning light on the dashboard came up saying: Engine System Fault. My brother-in-law managed to get rid of the message by turning the key in the ignition on and off several times, which he said used to happen on some Fords when he used to service them. This has now happened several times again, when looking in the book it says contact your Ford Dealer, has anybody had anything similar, as I don't want to take it the Ford Dealer and then have them charge me ridiculous money and say there is nothing wrong. When I have turned the key on and off several times and the message disappears there is no loss of performance. Help??

First question is when was it last serviced?

A common cause of that message is dirty fuel filters and low fuel pressure.

A filter change and a good run through with wynns injector cleaner or bg244 usually works wonders.

I would recommend a proper diagnostic though because if that message has popped up a code will be stored.

It was serviced in the summer and the fuel filter was changed on that service. I have a tuning box on the car, could this be causing the warning message?

Very possible.

A tuning box monkeys around with the fuel pressure settings and other things so may well be the culprit.

Try disconnecting it and see what happens.