Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Danny Sayer

Front Brakes Binding.

7 posts in this topic

I had new brakes fitted around a year ago. Recently the fronts have been sticking and getting very hot. What is the best to do. Get new calipers or is there something else I could do.

I had new brakes fitted around a year ago. Recently the fronts have been sticking and getting very hot. What is the best to do. Get new calipers or is there something else I could do.

You could spend some time trying to free them up but personally I would just replace them.

I had a caliper seize on my mk1 focus, didn't realise until it wiped out the wheel bearing with the heat!

Thanks. If it a hard job to replace calipers...

No its not a hard job but you will need some knowledge of the braking system, ie how to fit pads, bleed brakes.

If you do decide to change, get yourself a brake hose clamp - about a fiver. And you will need an assistant to help bleed the brakes also

before changing the calipers check that its not another problem causing the binding like a collapsed flexi brake hose.

Sounds like the slides etc need greased up