Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Light

ungary

hi.

i got new bulbs (red) for the interior light above the passenger seats in the back of my focus titanium to complete the look.

unfortunately when i put the bulb in it wouldnt work.

i went to my local ford dealer and a mechanic person tried to help me out but concluded mine is broken (something to do with the copper connections or something) so therefore it has to be replaced.

would anyone know where i can get one from cheaper than ford or know where i can get my current one repaired.

once i got the fitting and bulbs in and working i will post pictures of what it looks like inside.

any help would be most appreciated.

thank you

gary

Hi Gary

Start off by testing yours is actually dead. Take a multimeter to it with the switches to the ON position and see if you can get a continuity test.If

you do need a new one, eBay or any breakers are your best and cheapest bet!

If the bulb is led checkvthe polarity. If it is an sctyal broken copper connection just soldier that bad boy together. Most of the copper connections are exposed once the light unit is out.

Soldering should be fine

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Is the unit the one that the rocker switch falls out when you remove the lens? If so, the long copper connections often cause issues as the legs need bent to make a good connection. It's best to remove the whole unit to check the connection on the switch.

Yeah that's the one. It's really frustrating. Don't really wanna spend £20+ on a new one if I can get the old one working

• 7 months later...

So I need to change the interior lights that I bought from red to white. I can't remember the festoon bulb sizes for the front and rear interior lights. Also I need to get some bright white less for my foot well lights too. Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

I think the festoon are 42mm and the footwell are 501 wedge

Yeah I think I have ordered some 42mm ones. I have replaced my sidelight bulbs with bright white led ones. Though I am having some trouble with the left hand side one but nothing I can't sort. Changed my number plate bulbs so they look so much better.

They definitely make a cracking difference throughout the car

They certainly do.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club