Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium 2012 Mpg

Joe Lewis

Hi all

New to the forum and have recently bought a fiesta titanium 1.4 petrol 2012. Really enjoying it so far really nice car.

Only trouble is I'm getting 33 MPG when I should be getting around 37-38. I'm doing urban driving to work and back which is about 6 miles then I'm out and about when I don't have work so I am always driving. I'm not driving the car like a total lunatic with high revs and what not.

Any suggestions on how to improve MPG? Is additives any good? I saw one in Halfords but I'm abit skeptical as to put it in before a fill up.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Something wrong either with the car or your driving style. I have an 09 1.4 petrol and get 45mpg (calculated) and 50mpg (computer) without trying to be economical.

I drive a 9 mile commute full of roundabouts and the occasional longer trip and like to be 'spririted' where possible.

i dont think your mpgs atrocious, whereabouts in London are you? that on first impression rings bells as that is can be quite stop/start :lol:

have you checked tyre pressures? thats not night and day in difference, but is one of the first checks i normally do :)

Northolt but I work in Wembley so it's abit chaotic stop and starting all the time some traffic. To be fair I haven't checked tyre pressure and will do when I get home today.

33 might be normal but for stop start london style driving but I thought it seemed abit low

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club