Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mindel The Mondeo Build Thread

jeebowhite

thankfully there arent too many lumps of damage, I just give it a good two or three goes with the autoglym and see how its done, if it hasnt covered it, thats when I break out the T Cut, but in all fairness, it has done most of the work!

Looks nice! Needs mudflaps and some different wheels though! ;)

wish I could afford other wheels, but I quite like these ones. although I wish I could recon them on the cheap! they have had a few bruises!

Mudflaps have been considered! still working out if I go for moulded or rally style!

I'd go moulded! Personally I don't think rally ones would suit a Mondeo! :P

aye the other ones though, I had them on my Focus, and if you catch the kerb it just digs a trench into the side of the car...

Both my parents cars have mud flaps and we haven't had any issues yet!

probably just my luck :p I might consider moulded rubber if anything!

Having now got my car back from the thieving scabbies, I am continuing with my quest for polished and repaired glory and oddly, the more I polish - the more I hate it!!!

Cos, everytime I polish an area to shine, it seems that the white of the paint chips appear brighter! looks like I will be doing a lot of repairs to this bodywoirk, question is can I really be bothered!

Also, I am looking at getting my allow wheels tidied up, since the dumbwitted twunt that stole my car kerbed the alloy I am not best pleased! so as they are going to pay to repair it, I am looking at all my options. One of which is wondering if its worth getting the other 3 done, but I cant afford that really, so unless I can find someone who will repair 3 wheels for £25 :p I doubt it will happen.

Anyway, the polishing, heres the latest round of results. I left the car having done the bumper and left quart, so yesterday I went out there and gave the two nearside doors a good seeing to, and then today sorted the nearside front wing, the bonnet and the front bumper, and boy... was that fun :|

IMG_20140701_145207_zpsr47zherf.jpg

IMG_20140701_145224_zpsjtnmlqli.jpg

and no, those little dots are not the metallic effect of the paintwork sadly... those are the bazillion paintchips that I need to tidy!

IMG_20140701_145252_zpsng9sge7u.jpg

IMG_20140701_145314_zpsfbonphxn.jpg

IMG_20140701_145336_zpsuwlclixr.jpg

Its definately got a shine to it and the damage is now much more minimal compared to the days gone where there was so much more, but needs a lot more work!

I will be spending a lot more time trying to sand down the repainted area's and hoping that I can tidy it up a bit more still, but I have two doors, rear quart and the boot, and I am seriously tempted to debadge the rear! I am thinking removing the TDCI badge at least, and contemplating the Mondeo badge also!

• 8 months later...

Another 5 minute mod...

I took a reel of speaker wire I had and cut a length off. I also bought previously some led pads and connectors from eBay, wired it all up, tapped into the festoon adapter and now I have dual boot lights.

post-10869-14278211898_thumb.jpgpost-10869-142782120438_thumb.jpgpost-10869-142782121732_thumb.jpg

Not yet tested in the dark but will try that later and see what the output is.

• Like 2

And the effects of this at night...

post-10869-142791944478_thumb.jpgpost-10869-14279194723_thumb.jpgpost-10869-142791949262_thumb.jpg

And the same bulb I'm the back seat.... (from outside the car)

post-10869-142791950924_thumb.jpg

I'm tempted to buy more of these and wire them in under the bonnet so I have night time floodlights in the event of a breakdown...

• 6 months later...

So, Mindel hasnt been spoilt rotten in a while, so I am doing some other modifications to her! only small details at the moment, but aside the fact I need to polish out (quite a few!) scratches, and working on chips on the bodywork, I have done a few subtle modifications...

I have replaced the head unit (see the project dash droid thread in my signature) so now have a full entertainment system on there, which is a constant work in progress. and today, I replaced all the centre caps on the wheels with brand new set! only a small detail, but makes a heck of a difference!

Other than that, she now has a tracker installed, along with front and rear LED lights (I really need to get some more pictures.

Upcoming work on her, will be getting the Head Unit finished off (installing all the functionality I really want to have on it) and also looking to add a new engine bay lighting system, so I can see the inside of the engine bay if I need to stop at night for any reason!

Been reading your thread with interest.Sea Grey is an awful colour to try and keep neat and tidy. It seems to show up everything, it's a nightmare.

• Like 1

Thanks Dan, yeah Sea Grey is a great colour but can be a nuisance!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club