Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet Open Sensor Setting My Car Alarm Off

LindaT

Help needed please as im being driven mad by an intermittent issue with the factory fitted alarm on my fiesta going off and every time its stating bonnet open. There is no pattern to it and it sometimes triggers while the car is stationery and also when the car is being driven. I have made numerous checks that the bonnet is closed tight and even opened and closed it again to make sure.

I mentioned it at my last service but as its an intermittent problem they couldnt see what it was and my garage said they had never had it happen before.

I dont want to write an open cheque to resolve the issue so wondered if anyone else had had the problem and could advise.

Thanks

Take a lool at the sensor for the bonnet alarm it's a plunger type switch located next to tje bonnet latch/lock. Possible it just needs a bit of lube to stop it jamming

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks will check this tomorrow

Buy a new locking mechanism if the above fails, was only around £30 when I bought mine a year or so back as my alarm kept going off and saying the bonnet was open. Piece of cake to fit as well. I've got a thread about it on here somewhere, would have come up in the search.

Had the same problem...just replaced the bonnet latch !!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club