Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Finance Advice

paul_focus

Yer gonna say wait till you work there you save 4k on a st as a employee take a look at the offers. http://www.employeevoucher.co.uk/?gclid=CPzJ9IL2gcACFY_ItAodt0EAnw

There was a weekend sales job going that I nearly applied for to try and get on this haha

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

• Like 1

Yer might do mate would save the insurance price on the car :)

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

Think I need a focus zetec s 1.6tdci unreal fuel economy and cheap insurance :p

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah that's the only prob u don't own the car I was thinking of a personal bank loan at least that way u own the car and just pay back your bank :)

That was my thinking, sold my old car and got a loan over 5 years, so I'm the legal owner of the car. Most new cars you see are owned by random banks.

Well it is kind of like a mortgage, you are the registered keeper and joint owner of the car, but like a mortgage they can repossess the car to settle the debt.

That said, I believe once you have paid over a certain percentage of the capital they can't just take it.

Yes that's true, even in my case the bank could repossess the car if I got behind on payments, but equally they could reposess stuff in my flat. The car isn't linked to the loan any more than my TV is. I think that's how it works anyway, but we should try not to get ourselves in that kind of situation :)

Talk to your dealer Paul they always have good deals and if you take ford finance you get a discount off the car as well. Bank loans aren't always the best. Watch for early settlement charges as well.

Yeah I got Ford Finance for the minimum amount of £2500 and paid it off straight away which still gets you the discount, which was actually what the dealer recommended I do.

The zetec s with no options is £15495

The ST is £16250

Id say even if was only buying a st1 the £750 extra would be well worth it.

But I know what you mean bout insurance but I can't see it been that much. Mine went down 40quid

I definately agree if you can afford the little extra cost of buying the ST, plus the insurance and a bit of extra fuel (not that much really on fuel) you should go for it. Make sure you test drive each car you're thinking of, look at reviews etc. One thing I noticed in a couple of reviews is they say the Fiesta ST is more fun to drive than the Focus ST, cos it's lighter and more nimble.

Have you got some insurance quotes on confused.com or other sites? You'd be surprised, sometimes quotes for an ST are pretty low, even with MP215. I guess the insurance companies look at it as just another Fiesta, and if there aren't that many people crashing them there's no reason for them to charge too much.

Yep I got a few quotes 2582 for.a fez ST Orr 2200 for a focus zetec s. With the same 1.6 ecoboost turbo 182 bhp engine as the fez ST

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Wow nearly a £400 difference, I think I'm lucky, I got a quote for £490 for the ST with MP215. But then I'm 26 with no claims, and I think I'm in a low crime area too so that helps. And I guess a Fiesta ZS is even less to insure for you that the Focus.

Edit: and although that Focus has the same 1.6 engine, it looks like it doesn't have overboost so it's like having 20 bhp less, then add the extra weight of the Focus and it will be a lot slower. Still it's an upgrade for you anyway. What's its 0-60?

I had a quick look at the price list, I was wrong it does have overboost, and 0-60 only 7.9, so faster than I though, only a second more than the Fiesta ST. I wonder if it has the sound symposer.

Only coz focus is about 375-400 kg heavier than the fez with it being a longer 5 door insted of a 3 door

The Focus does have a symposer, might not be quite to the same grunt as the ST though.

It is a shame the 1.5 ecoboost 182PS has dropped back to 8.6 secs 0-62, but then I don't think the 1.6 could ever achieve its quoted time in the real world.

The Focus does have a symposer, might not be quite to the same grunt as the ST though.

Is that in the Focus ZS, or only the ST?

But for almost the same performance as a fez ST and about £400 cheaper to insure don't think the focus ZS would be a choice :)

Just a quick side by side comparison

Of the focus zs against the fez ST

post-48420-140748677604_thumb.jpg

post-48420-140748678977_thumb.jpg

post-48420-140748680857_thumb.jpg

post-48420-140748682941_thumb.jpg

Is that in the Focus ZS, or only the ST?

I think all 1.6 (and future 1.5) ecoboosts have the symposer as they were lined up to replace the old 1.8/2.0 NA.

So a focus 1.6 ZS is effectively a focus st 170 :)

So a focus 1.6 ZS is effectively a focus st 170 :)

More like an ST200 haha, with overboost. And it looks like that comparison has the incorrect torque for the Focus, it's the same engine as the ST so torque is the same, maybe that's the torque without overboost.

I'd recommend looking on carwow.co.uk for quotes, that's how I got about £2,600 off the cost of my ST3 :)

• Like 1

cheers phil ill have a look at them see what they can do haha :)

Yeah 177 lb/ft is the sustained (non-overboot) torque figure.

Carwow is a bit like an auction but the other way round, where you select what car and spec you want, and dealers make offers to you of the lowest price they can sell the car. So you deal with the dealer directly which is great.

post-48420-140749064738_thumb.jpg

What ya think to this offer then phill :)

Pretty impressive, I guess that's why they call it Carwow :). You might get a really good deal that's far away, but worth the journey. Mine was all the way down near Stafford, so I took the train and had a long drive back. Was a fun drive of course :)

Just remember you probably only have a month or so with those sort of discounts left.

Once the facelift comes out, the discounts will more than half. Unless of course you get a job with Ford in the mean time and can pick one up through the privilege scheme.

Just remember you probably only have a month or so with those sort of discounts left.

Once the facelift comes out, the discounts will more than half. Unless of course you get a job with Ford in the mean time and can pick one up through the privilege scheme.

I was confused for a second there, thought you meant there was going to be another Fiesta facelift, obviously you meant the Focus. But wouldn't that mean Ford will have an abundance of un-facelifted cars that will be harder to sell, so the prices go down and not up?

Edit: unless you mean the prices of the new facelifted car in which case that makes perfect sense.

Well yer their is always that :)

I was confused for a second there, thought you meant there was going to be another Fiesta facelift, obviously you meant the Focus. But wouldn't that mean Ford will have an abundance of un-facelifted cars that will be harder to sell, so the prices go down and not up?

Edit: unless you mean the prices of the new facelifted car in which case that makes perfect sense.

I think they have already been trying to get rid of them hence the massive discounts. Certain colours are already becoming unavailable on the configurator.

EDIT:

Focus(es?) that is.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club