Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stubby Aerial?

Ianb

Anyone know of or have a good stubby aerial? It's quite common I'm throwing the kayak on the roof (on roof bars mind)... and it's been a long time that I've actually put the aerial on the car...

I know stubby aerials tend not to get as good reception, but surely they're better than no aerial..

So any ideas?

• Like 1

I tried a Richbrook Ford Licensed one on my Focus but the signal was so poor I changed it back. The reception around here isn't great so it may depend on where you live.

• Like 2

I tried a Richbrook Ford Licensed one on my Focus but the signal was so poor I changed it back. The reception around here isn't great so it may depend on where you live.

Still got it? Want to flog it?

I'm sure the signal wouldn't be great, but I can't have the full aerial on when I have roofbars with the kayaks, so it's got to be better than no aerial at all...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0034NQLRG

I got this one cos I'm cheap! :) Works a treat even with roof bars and a box on top ;)

Ah brilliant, is it quite a bit shorter than the originals? I'm on a tight budget at the moment anyway, so it's definitely a good price. I don't want to leave the aerial bit exposed to the elements but I just can't have the standard aerial on there. Plus also the original is a bit broken up around the base too, so it needs replacing.

• Like 1

Anyone know of or have a good stubby aerial? It's quite common I'm throwing the kayak on the roof (on roof bars mind)... and it's been a long time that I've actually put the aerial on the car...

I know stubby aerials tend not to get as good reception, but surely they're better than no aerial..

So any ideas?

Ritchbrook manufactur ford licenced stubby aerials

log on to http://www.priracing....php/144/1/ford

and get 20% Discount off any Ritchbrook branded stock by entering Discount Code: RICHBROOK20

Ritchbrook manufactur ford licenced stubby aerials

log on to http://www.priracing....php/144/1/ford

and get 20% Discount off any Ritchbrook branded stock by entering Discount Code: RICHBROOK20

Can't seem to get the 20% discount on there... although I have found this anyway: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Richbrook-Black-Anti-Theft-Short-Aerial/dp/B005HH70D6/ref=pd_sim_auto_11?ie=UTF8&refRID=1DN1G6H2P7M0BV9JP4JK

So it's about the same price as the priracing one if the 20% discount works...

• Like 1

Can't seem to get the 20% discount on there... although I have found this anyway: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Richbrook-Black-Anti-Theft-Short-Aerial/dp/B005HH70D6/ref=pd_sim_auto_11?ie=UTF8&refRID=1DN1G6H2P7M0BV9JP4JK

So it's about the same price as the priracing one if the 20% discount works...

:rolleyes: placebo effect discount, why am i not surprised,

Be more expensive than others then release discount Code to be the same price as everybody else,

Gives the buyer a sence of individual care providing them with discount code which means nothing, :(

Well spotted mate,

• Like 1

Ah brilliant, is it quite a bit shorter than the originals? I'm on a tight budget at the moment anyway, so it's definitely a good price. I don't want to leave the aerial bit exposed to the elements but I just can't have the standard aerial on there. Plus also the original is a bit broken up around the base too, so it needs replacing.

Don't know what the original one measures as there wasn't one on the car when we got it but this one is 11 inches long. Flexible enough too so you can bend it under the roofbox etc ;)

• Like 2

Don't know what the original one measures as there wasn't one on the car when we got it but this one is 11 inches long. Flexible enough too so you can bend it under the roofbox etc ;)

Were still on the topic of aerial's rite?

:lol:

• Like 1

Well I am anyway! Not sure what you're thinking about :)

• Like 2

Well I am anyway! Not sure what you're thinking about :)

Fishing rods :)

I got a stubby from Halfords, needed an antitheft for my focus after some begger helped themselves! was a stubby beesting aerial I think and was great, got it for a tenner or so!

• Like 2

I got a stubby from Halfords, needed an antitheft for my focus after some begger helped themselves! was a stubby beesting aerial I think and was great, got it for a tenner or so!

And that was before the birth of the discount card :)

Even cheaper now

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried the sharkfin style aerials for a car with satnav ?

I have a similar problem as the OP only with a roofbox instead of kayaks

Different ve-hickle mark, (mine being a focus), I'm not sure how the aerial 'sits' on a mondeo. If it sits at the back (like above the rear seats) then I suggest you investigate deeply into this, however if it's over the front seats (usual spot) then I'd avoid it...

...only basing the above on my personal opinions on aesthetics...

There's a mk2 Focus in my area with a sharkfin on the rear roof and no aerial at the front so must be a viable project.

Its certainly viable, you would need to replace the connector I suspect but its possible.

You can get sharkfins with the Ford style mounting bolt so connecting the existing wire shouldn't be a problem however mounting it at the front would look a bit daft.

Maybe a Renault style one is a better option.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=290981026811&alt=web

• Like 1

Yeah thats the problem LOL the aerial is at the front. I'll have a look at the stubbys.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club