Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,034 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:28 PM

But would Admiral cover your handbag? ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,727 posts
  • Name: Phil
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:05 PM

:lol: yeh I read that... up to the value of £200 I think hahahaha... Good job I have a handba....uh..anyway,,,  :ermm:

As I was going through the process it tried to fob me off to Admiral (I assume a sister company or something).. I'm guessing because I'm not a woman :lol: Cheeky gits...

You stick to your guns Ian, it's obviously your feminine side that's showing.

One of my best mates has a manbag I must remember to tell him about the free extra available with Diamond 

#18 DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

AUTHORISED TRADER

• Authorised Trader
  • 62 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2011

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

Hi,

Feel free to PM me and I'll double check to see if we can do anything else to reduce our premium.

Kind regards

Dan

#19 Ianb

Ianb

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 616 posts
  • Name: Ian
  • Ford Model: Focus Estate 1.6 TDCI Style
  • Year: 2007

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

Had to get the insurance sorted today, it ran out today so needed to be done asap.

Admiral sent me the renewal for £392.59

I phoned Diamond who gave me an online quote of £288.32 they said they are a sister company of Admiral, so they put me through and Admiral matched my quote with Diamond AND I mentioned that I have Ford alloys (modification) and that I want to put my 24yr fiancee on and they kept it at £288..so that's one less thing to worry about. £100 less than renewal quote!!! (Cheeky buggers!)

Unfortunately I don't get my handbag covered though :cry:

Funny thing is with Diamond, I thought well maybe if I don't add my fiancee on it'll be cheaper - taking her off bumped the quote up by £50!!!! Madness :lol:

#20 SandyCat

SandyCat

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Name: Rick
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.4 Zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

Some are brokers and some are insurance companies.  You will normally only hear of those who spend a lot on advertising. Other insurers rely on brokers to promote them.   But some larger brokers are also paying to appear on the comparison sites so in effect you are going to a comparison site to go through a broker to go with an insurer...... 

If you have not heard of the name do a Google of them, check they have a UK head office and are registered with UK regulators. 

Never ever visit an insurer through a link sent to you on Facebook or Twitter etc.   There are still fake insurance quote sites out there. 

#21 dsrogan

dsrogan

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: Darrel
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2011

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

I was with Saga - renewal (01/09/2014) was £370 inc legal cover and enhanced courtesy car, tried the compare sites, was getting  £220 for very basis cover from someone I had never heard of, tried direct line, flux , admiral & nfu came back at £360 - £550.  Then went for Aviva - £256 all included - give em a try!!

#22 Oxide

Oxide

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 223 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Zetec 1.6
  • Year: 2008

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:04 AM

I've been ringing around insurance companies today looking for a quote on a 59 plate mondeo titanium x sport which I'm picking up on Monday. My insurance has always been expensive being a 23 year old and having held my UK license for less than 2 years, however I have 6 years no claims from when I was driving in America. It certainly doesn't help that I have to have my girlfriend as a named driver who had an accident earlier this year.

So far the cheapest quote I've had by far was from Chris Knott Insurance who I found through TalkFord (sorry, not trying to advertise other sites or anything) and even that was £640 with a £350 excess. But so far they're the only company who have been able to give me a reasonable quote (if you can call £640 reasonable)

I'll keep shopping around but even the woman from Adrian Flux said that they couldn't match anywhere near that offer (quoting me over £1k) and my cheapest quote from comparison websites was £1,750 with a £700 excess!!!

#23 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,727 posts
Contributor

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

Buy it quick before they change their mind

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

#24 Ianb

Ianb

• FOC Supporters
  • 616 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

Buy it quick before they change their mind

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

+1

As long as they have all the correct details that is...

#25 Oxide

Oxide

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:40 PM

I spent about 30 minutes in the phone with this guy...he better have all the right details lol. He does seem very eager to work on a deal to suit me.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

#26 Ianb

Ianb

• FOC Supporters
  • 616 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

I spent about 30 minutes in the phone with this guy...he better have all the right details lol. He does seem very eager to work on a deal to suit me.

Tell him to drop another £50 and his eagerness will pay off!

#27 Oxide

Oxide

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:49 PM

Got protected no claims out of him already, might try to push for free breakdown cover, but I'm not sure if it's really necessary on a 59 plate with only 26k miles on it

#28 Ianb

Ianb

• FOC Supporters
  • 616 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

Got protected no claims out of him already, might try to push for free breakdown cover, but I'm not sure if it's really necessary on a 59 plate with only 26k miles on it

Unless you can think of anything else to push for instead.. If you can't think of anything then lets face it, breakdowns come in all shapes and sizes.. Statistics would indicate there is no need, but you never know... your car is near 5 years old, will be in it's 6th year for the best part of your insurance... sometimes stuff can go wrong..

#29 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,727 posts
Contributor

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:05 PM

They have targets to reach so as you're near the end of the month that's good for you. Phone him back late at night towards the end of the week and I'll bet he'll give you more. Breakdown cover is a must in my eyes even new cars break down so your 5 year old car could as well.

#30 Oxide

Oxide

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:09 PM

He did mention to call him before he leaves the office on Saturday if I was going to accept his quote, as the rates would be going up at the beginning of September. Like you mentioned I imagine he's trying to make a quota before the end of the month, but seeing as I need my car insured by Monday anyways, that was always the plan.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users