Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror

stargirl170

Hi all

I have a 59 plate fiesta titanium which I brought recently. I heard that the auto dimming rear view mirror comes as standard but I'm not sure what it looks like or whether mine actually works (can't recall it dimming in the dark before)

Here's a picture, is this auto dimming?

post-56827-140838686569_thumb.jpg

Yea that's an auto dimming one. the small squares are the sensor. It doesn't dim because its dark but when lights shine on it from behind. If a car is far enough behind you it won't actually dim at all just when it gets closer.

It does work (I've not been dazzled with mines), but I don't think you can turn it offf and on. My old Leon you could turn it off and on, it slowsly appears like it is tinting the mirror at night when someone is behind you.

I havent done much night time driving lately but when I have I cant say I noticed anything, I will have to look out and see if anything happens next time I'm out in the dark

To have not noticed it means it's doing its job. They are really good in my opinion

You might be able to test it by covering up the sensor facing the front and shining a light into the ones facing in to the car.

I noticed my windscreen shade had set my auto dimming mirror off the other week.

Thanks alexp999, I think I might give that a go and see what happens

You could just get someone to shine a torch through the rear window to test it, I don't know if it needs the ignition on to work though.

Just an update, auto dimming definitely works! Did a 3 hour night journey last night and it was great not to be dazzled! It's a shame the side mirrors don't have the same feature though.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Does anyone know how to refit this when it falls off?? Mine just came down as I was driving 😭

7 hours ago, Emmaundertaker said:

Does anyone know how to refit this when it falls off?? Mine just came down as I was driving 😭

As it is a dimming one in the Titanium has the wiring stayed intact when it fell?  If not, it may be more than glue that is required.  If gluing, confirm it dims correctly before gluing as the wiring will be easier to sort while it is loose.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club