Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Fiesta Recall

Villan

Hi there as anyone heard of a recall for new fiestas being built with brake concerns just been told that ours won't be available for a few weeks stuck in Holland docks so we have been told

As said on the other thread my dealer has heard nothing of the sort, so it might only be a select amount of dealerships affected. In your shoes I'd be calling ford themselves for an update / query on this

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Well I'm trying myself to call ford mc now, and having a great deal of trouble getting through as usual...

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I got through to someone at ford and he said he has not heard nothin but will check it out but I am really !Removed! about this as I said before I ordered last September an seem to be gettin nowhere

Yeh I got through (eventually) to someone at ford and they'd never heard of such a recall, I gave them my VIN and they confirmed there is no recalls in place on that vehicle

Phone your dealer back and say you've looked into this 'recall' and it seems to be drawing a blank with ford mc and demand answers from them as to why this is taking so long, that you're fed up with exudes and are considering dumping the project considering the amount of time you've been waiting

Have your dealer given you your cars VIN so you can look up its build date on ford etis? So far everything told to me by my dealer is pretty much spot on

Well my dealer said there are 7000 thousand fiestas due for recall. I don't know what to believe it's really peein me off now if fird have told you they haven't heard about that do you reckon my dealer is fobbin me off with some bull

It's certainly possible, call ford yourself with your VIN as I did and they'll look your vehicle up directly to see if it's affected, if your dealer are saying it is, and from the information you supply ford are saying it's not you'll then be armed with positive proof either way

Why would it only affect certain dealerships if they are all made the same though

Very good point that, defo phone ford with your VIN and get answers, then confront your dealership with those answers

I will. Will it be a problem gettin the vin or do they make a fuss about it

No need to panic, only recall I know about for fiesta brake issues, relates to small build dates july 2014 and 1 build plant..if you are affected, you will get a recal letter.

The thing is the car is sitting in Holland so they say so it seems odd they sent a car from the factory with brake issues wouldn't it have been found there

I will. Will it be a problem gettin the vin or do they make a fuss about it

It shouldn't be a problem at all getting the VIN, you need to ask your dealer for it though

Ford etis (when using the VIN) will tell you your cars build date as well, so if it's months ago you'll have even more ammo against your dealer

No need to panic, only recall I know about for fiesta brake issues, relates to small build dates july 2014 and 1 build plant..if you are affected, you will get a recal letter.

Ian villan is having trouble with his dealer, his car was ordered September 14 so shouldn't (touch wood) have been affected by the July 14 issue

The thing is the car is sitting in Holland so they say so it seems odd they sent a car from the factory with brake issues wouldn't it have been found there

You'd have thought so but it depends when it was discovered

• Like 1

I phoned ford yesterday they said they hadn't heard anything about a recall but they are checking and hopefully let me know today

I phoned ford yesterday they said they hadn't heard anything about a recall but they are checking and hopefully let me know today

No news from ford head office on recall so foned a couple of ford dealers and they ain't heard anything so far on recalls for there customers

I'd phone your dealership and ask what they're playing at, seems as no other dealerships or ford know of this recall...

Ime fonin tomorrow it was the salesmanship day off today so will have a word tomorrow to see if we can clarify this situation at this rate I might get it for Xmas

Ask for the VIN as well so you can look up when it's build date was, there is no way they should refuse you that

I will do will that give progress on whereabouts the car is at that time as well

I don't think so, but it will give a guide to the spec involved (not terribly accurate in that respect), but above all it will give you the build date, you need to know how long ago this was, seems as you ordered in September your build date should've passed

I know the car was probably built 14th of jan and it's at flushing docks in Holland that's when the recall was told to me yesterday

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club