Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Tdci Upgrades

samgreeny

There's two types of hammerite:

Smooth finish

Hammered finish

Ensure you get the smooth mate.

snickers_more_nuts_mr_T_zpsnwyo0r6s.gif

The existing nuts ford supply are cheese coated in a sexy thin layer of aluminium mate,

There 19mm nuts though,

So you could purchase a set of 19mm black plastic nut caps on ebay for around 12 quid.

I had a bad experience with stock nuts,

Caps came off making them 18mn and wrecked the ford supplied wheel brace,

Image2006.jpg

IMG_20130324_153641_zpscf248324.jpg

I spent 98 quid on some McGuard solid one piece steel nuts and lock nut set but id say cross that bridge if you come to it mate,

Don't change em unless they start giving you gyp.

IMG_20130314_122806_zps87b2dd2c.jpg

Cheers mate.

That's the exact experience I had with 1 today when changing the wheels. One got stuck in the socket and the nut came out but not the cover.

Was looking at getting some lock wheel nuts. Are they worth it?

The socket ford supply with the car is !Removed! !Removed!. I had to buy a 4 way wrench because when changing the breaks in January the one nut decided to slip and I rounded it off. The bet £10 I spent on getting a 4 way wrench haha.

Think I'd be more tempted to get steel ones. Less likely to round off or get stuck on

• Like 1

Cheers mate.

That's the exact experience I had with 1 today when changing the wheels. One got stuck in the socket and the nut came out but not the cover.

Was looking at getting some lock wheel nuts. Are they worth it?

The socket ford supply with the car is !Removed! !Removed!. I had to buy a 4 way wrench because when changing the breaks in January the one nut decided to slip and I rounded it off. The bet £10 I spent on getting a 4 way wrench haha.

Think I'd be more tempted to get steel ones. Less likely to round off or get stuck on

Same happend my ford wrench too,

The once 19mm nut became a capless 18mm and rounded the brace,

Had to buy a blue draper cross wrench

IMG_20140802_123356_zpswv7uhq4d.jpg

Id recommend the McGard lock nuts mate,

No two McGard kits are identical,

But with ford lock nut kits theres only 4 different versions,

I bought my ST rims from ford dealer with tyre and nuts they cost me 475euro per corner,

Took me four months to get all four so i went for McGard to best protect.

McGard also sell a nice little pouch to hold the lock nut key has an elastic sleeve attaches pouch to the wheel brace.

Image2667_zps75cc54dc.jpg

• Like 1

Same happend my ford wrench too,

The once 19mm nut became a capless 18mm and rounded the brace,

Had to buy a blue draper cross wrench.

Id recommend the McGard lock nuts mate,

No two McGard kits are identical,

But with ford lock nut kits theres only 4 different versions,

I bought my ST rims from ford dealer with tyre and nuts they cost me 475euro per corner,

Took me four months to get all four so i went for McGard to best protect.

Even the wrench has started to break and round off inside of it. It's annoying because most wrenches you get are the 17, 19, 21 and 23.

Definately worth protecting them then. Bit ridiculous that there's only 4 different ones. Pretty pointless having them on if it's like that. I'll have a look around for some McGuard ones then. Cheers mate

• Like 1

Even the wrench has started to break and round off inside of it. It's annoying because most wrenches you get are the 17, 19, 21 and 23.

Definately worth protecting them then. Bit ridiculous that there's only 4 different ones. Pretty pointless having them on if it's like that. I'll have a look around for some McGuard ones then. Cheers mate

No prob.

I have a 18mm socket here,

Donated to me from my local tyre place when i had ford nuts,

If desired i can donate it to you next week,

You just need a socket wrench

Or

Have it weld on to your brace

As i know how much of a pain it is.

Ford only care about show room appearances,

Ow look it has anti theft nuts,

There like "look what your getting for the price"

Although there mass produced replica after replica which helps ford on servicing they don't need to search for lock nuts just try there four types then fleece you on changing brake discs & pads

• Like 1

No prob.

I have a 18mm socket here,

Donated to me from my local tyre place when i had ford nuts,

If desired i can donate it to you next week,

You just need a socket wrench

Or

Have it weld on to your brace

As i know how much of a pain it is.

Ford only care about show room appearances,

Ow look it has anti theft nuts,

There like "look what your getting for the price"

Although there mass produced replica after replica which helps ford on servicing they don't need to search for lock nuts just try there four types then fleece you on changing brake discs & pads

Haha, I have a 18" socket somewhere in one of these tool boxes haha.

Yeah true. And I guess if people don't know that then it looks good to them

• Like 1

Haha, I have a 18" socket somewhere in one of these tool boxes haha.

Yeah true. And I guess if people don't know that then it looks good to them

No prob,

I probably should say im not a fan of ford service departments having spent two seperate days studying there ethic i tipped them money to purchase some cowboy hats and bid them my last farewell.

I suppose not many would know and they are somewhat still a deterant or draw back to thieves as they would still need a key, but when you have snowflake 18's the interest gets higher as there not just any Ford zetec or titanium alloy its worth investing in aftermarket at that point.

Also ive edit a previous post there to link a supplier of black 19mm nut caps on eBay.

• Like 1

No prob,

I suppose not many would know and they are soewhat still a deterant or draw back to thieves, but when you have snowflake 18's the interest gets higher as there not just any Ford zetec or titanium alloy its worth investing in aftermarket at that point.

Also ive edit a previous post there to link a supplier of black 19mm nut caps on ebay.

Yeah it does get alot higher. I will probably go buy some in the next couple of days. I know Halfords have some for around £35 for the locking wheel nuts. Gonna look around and see if I can find anywhere cheaper for the McGard ones.

Cheers mate. Just looked at then and they look decent. Better than having to spend £90 on a new set of black ones

• Like 1

Yeah it does get alot higher. I will probably go buy some in the next couple of days. I know halfords have some for around £35 for the locking wheel nuts. Gonna look around and see if I can find anywhere cheaper for the McGard ones.

Cheers mate. Just looked at then and they look decent. Better than having to spend £90 on a new set of black ones

Perhaps try DemonTweaks for price aswell,

If you spend i think its 10 pounds on the forum here to become a premium member you will recieve a lifetime 15% Discount card for Halfords

Never expires and is all the time reusable,

halfords_card_ford_zpsenyxhbg5.png

Get 30% off if you buy an item using the card,

Then exchange the item without reciept for another item and produce the discount card again :lol:

Although 35 aint bad for locknut set,

Can always sell your existing lock set on eBay to recouperate.

• Like 2

Perhaps try DemonTweaks for price aswell,

If you spend i think its 10 pounds on the forum here to become a premium member you will recieve a lifetime 15% Discount card for Halfords

Never expires and is all the time reusable,

Get 30% off if you buy an item using the card,

Then exchange the item without reciept for another item and produce the discount card again :lol:

Although 35 aint bad for locknut set,

Can always sell your existing lock set on ebay to recouperate.

I was planning on becoming a member for the 15% discount. Makes it even better now i know it's life time :lol:

Take it you've done it few times then haha. I don't have any on at the moment. Literally just the standard nuts and that's it

• Like 2

I was planning on becoming a member for the 15% discount. Makes it even better now i know it's life time :lol:

Take it you've done it few times then haha. I don't have any on at the moment. Literally just the standard nuts and that's it

Ah i done it once without realising what i had done,

But then i was feeling like Mike Brewer trading up :lol: lmao

End up with a free power washer and six person tent with roof box :)

Nah i got up to 45% off once baring in mind that 45% off in Halfords leaves it around the same price as is available everywhere else RRP. :lol:

• Like 2

Ah i done it once without realising what i had done,

But then i was feeling like Mike Brewer trading up :lol: lmao

End up with a free power washer and six person tent with roof box :)

Nah i got up to 45% off once baring in mind that 45% off in Halfords leaves it around the same price as is available everywhere else RRP. :lol:

Hahaha that's would have been quality.

Even still can't complain with getting 45% off haha

• Like 1

I want to get the rear diffuser. I've got the titanium model. Will getting one such as the zetec s fit or would I have to change the bumper for it to fit? Or maybe even an st diffuser, if there is any difference between them

I want to get the rear diffuser. I've got the titanium model. Will getting one such as the zetec s fit or would I have to change the bumper for it to fit? Or maybe even an st diffuser, if there is any difference between them

ZetecS diffuser fits directly on to the standard bumper see fitting guide here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/32649-focus-zetec-s-rear-skirt-diffuser-fitting-guide-pdf/?p=255361

The ST bumper is a full bumper straight swap.

• Like 1

ZetecS diffuser fits directly on to the standard bumper see fitting guide here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/32649-focus-zetec-s-rear-skirt-diffuser-fitting-guide-pdf/?p=255361

The ST bumper is a full bumper straight swap.

Cheers mate. Want to change the diffuser before i get the exhaust cats I want a twin exhaust on it

Cheers mate. Want to change the diffuser before i get the exhaust cats I want a twin exhaust on it

I have a duplex exhaust fitted myself aswell.

IMG_20130521_131051_zps5eeeba05.jpg

You will need ST exhaust hangers from ford:

Image2302.jpg

The holes are already in the chassis just bolt on both sides,

Left:

Image2312.jpg

Right:

Image2311.jpg

Image2327.jpg

An ST doesn't have a tyre well,

This allows for the massive back box muffler,

Petrol mufflers will destroy a diesel engine so we couldn't fit anyway.

But because we have a tyre well; the duplex piping goes like this:

Image2306_zps15bf0ddc.jpg

Image2314.jpg

Under the tyre well.

I've chose a piper performance duplex exhaust,

Its designed for 1.6,1.8 and 2.0TDCi focus models from 2005-2011 as result it has two silencers fitted to the 2.5" T304 piping,

I chose piper because they use wind tunnel technology to perfect the split in the duplex pipe,

Results being on a frosty morning you get equal levels of steam exiting the pipes :)

IMG_20130225_111926_zpsc33b0158.jpg

Is hard to keep the tips clean but steam gun and muc-off helps great.

Before:

IMG_20150322_064200_zpserubtm01.jpg

IMG_20150322_064208_zps014bqzhg.jpg

After:

IMG_20140725_100018_zps53zbitfz.jpg

IMG_20140725_100025_zps2qzaqoot.jpg

Lasts around 3 weeks before its black again, but no smoke when driving ever,

Seems to magiclly build up when driving.

• Like 1

I have a duplex exhaust fitted myself aswell.

IMG_20130521_131051_zps5eeeba05.jpg

You will need ST exhaust hangers from ford:

Image2302.jpg

The holes are already in the chassis just bolt on both sides,

Left:

Image2312.jpg

Right:

Image2311.jpg

Image2327.jpg

An ST doesn't have a tyre well,

This allows for the massive back box muffler,

Petrol mufflers will destroy a diesel engine so we couldn't fit anyway.

But because we have a tyre well; the duplex piping goes like this:

Image2306_zps15bf0ddc.jpg

Image2314.jpg

Under the tyre well.

I've chose a piper performance duplex exhaust,

Its designed for 1.6,1.8 and 2.0TDCi focus models from 2005-2011 as result it has two silencers fitted to the 2.5" T304 piping,

I chose piper because they use wind tunnel technology to perfect the split in the duplex pipe,

Results being on a frosty morning you get equal levels of steam exiting the pipes :)

IMG_20130225_111926_zpsc33b0158.jpg

Is hard to keep the tips clean but steam gun and muc-off helps great.

Before:

IMG_20150322_064200_zpserubtm01.jpg

IMG_20150322_064208_zps014bqzhg.jpg

After:

IMG_20140725_100018_zps53zbitfz.jpg

IMG_20140725_100025_zps2qzaqoot.jpg

Lasts around 3 weeks before its black again, but no smoke when driving ever,

Seems to magiclly build up when driving.

It looks great mate. Exactly what i want mine to look like.

Even with the two silencers on does it still make a nice noise? so for example i wouldn't mind having something that sounds like this;

i know its a long life one and its custom built but maybe something similar with the piper one. not sure if that is how yours sounds at all?

I found this video of a piper diesel exhaust;

know its puffing out black smoke and that but yeah, maybe something similar to that?

• Like 1

It looks great mate. Exactly what i want mine to look like.

Even with the two silencers on does it still make a nice noise? so for example i wouldn't mind having something that sounds like this;

i know its a long life one and its custom built but maybe something similar with the piper one. not sure if that is how yours sounds at all?

I found this video of a piper diesel exhaust;

know its puffing out black smoke and that but yeah, maybe something similar to that?

It makes a grumble noise like the second video there mate,

It would be louder if there were no silencer like you initally planned,

The company TRW Performance that build the hybrid turbo also manufacture a straight through duplex exhaust,

See video:

https://youtu.be/dj7g0oFVfSQ

• Like 1

It makes a grumble noise like the second video there mate,

It would be louder if there were no silencer like you initally planned,

The company TRW Performance that build the hybrid turbo also manufacture a straight through duplex exhaust,

See video:

Quality will look at it then.

To be honest, i was looking at having it without scilencers on but if it sounds anything like the second video like you said, then i'm more than happy with that tbh.

Seen this one from piper on ebay;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK2-PIPER-STAINLESS-DUPLEX-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-/110382034209?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Model%3AFocus&hash=item19b3482d21

cheaper than buying it straight from piper or anywhere else i have found

• Like 1

Quality will look at it then.

To be honest, i was looking at having it without scilencers on but if it sounds anything like the second video like you said, then i'm more than happy with that tbh.

Seen this one from piper on ebay;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK2-PIPER-STAINLESS-DUPLEX-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-/110382034209?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Model:Focus&hash=item19b3482d21

cheaper than buying it straight from piper or anywhere else i have found

+1

I bought mine from "RudeRacing" whom now call themselves "ZenSport" they have there own website and were 50 pounds cheaper than purchasing directly from piper performance,

A performance exhaust will affect your insurance, but a duplex pipe with no muffler wont lol

Mine has the grumble of the video but not the turbo whistle,

If the catalyst was removed then it would whistle like that too.

But the cat baffles the sound a bit too.

You could get a straight pipe duplex custom built for under 200 no mufflers just pipes and tips.

• Like 1

+1

I bought mine from "RudeRacing" whom now call themselves "ZenSport" they have there own website and were 50 pounds cheaper than purchasing directly from piper performance,

A performance exhaust will affect your insurance, but a duplex pipe with no muffler wont lol

Mine has the grumble of the video but not the turbo whistle,

If the catalyst was removed then it would whistle like that too.

But the cat baffles the sound a bit too.

You could get a straight pipe duplex custom built for under 200 no mufflers just pipes and tips.

thats why i want to get the duplex pipe because insurance are funny about some performance upgrades haha.

Ok so maybe something more like the first video with the long life exhaust then? dont think it had a turbo whistle anyway.

with something like the straight pipe, would that would bring out the turbo whistle a bit more?

• Like 1

thats why i want to get the duplex pipe because insurance are funny about some performance upgrades haha.

Ok so maybe something more like the first video with the long life exhaust then? dont think it had a turbo whistle anyway.

with something like the straight pipe, would that would bring out the turbo whistle a bit more?

Yeah a long life custom duplex with no muffler would give best chance of turbo whistle,

This would really come alive after EGR blanking and DPF removal because flow would be increased aswell as restriction reduced.

I'm sure its possible to buy a 2.5" Y pipe on eBay.

This could be used to perfect your duplex split

• Like 1

Yeah a long life custom duplex with no muffler would give best chance of turbo whistle,

This would really come alive after EGR blanking and DPF removal because flow would be increased aswell as restriction reduced.

I'm sure its possible to buy a 2.5" Y pipe on ebay.

This could be used to perfect your duplex split

So you don't think it would give the turbo whistle with just the piper duplex straight pipe?

I've ordered my egr blanking and will be fitting that on Saturday when I head back home.

EDITED: only just realised what you meant about the 2.5" Y pipes. i dont really want the Y pipes, i want the single outlet on each side. it was only because thats the only picture they show of them on eBay that i posted it.

• Like 1

So you don't think it would give the turbo whistle with just the piper duplex straight pipe?

I've ordered my egr blanking and will be fitting that on Saturday when I head back home.

You will hear a small woosh of turbo wine,

However the full whistle drone can only be heard when the system is completly straight through because any type of filteration in the system causes a level of restriction where a certain level of pressure build up is required to push through the filter,

It is for this reason that the drone sounds are muffled or trapped if you like.

The exhaust will enhance other future mods though,

On your journey home from dpf removal you will be thinking "im glad fitted that exhaust" as you exercise the newly encounterd lift off in 4th and 5th gear :)

EGR blanking will make instant improvement aswell,

Youll be surprised and small increase in MPG

• Like 1

love reading this great upgrade thread keep up the good work :)

• Like 2

You will hear a small woosh of turbo wine,

However the full whistle drone can only be heard when the system is completly straight through because any type of filteration in the system causes a level of restriction where a certain level of pressure build up is required to push through the filter,

It is for this reason that the drone sounds are muffled or trapped if you like.

The exhaust will enhance other future mods though,

On your journey home from dpf removal you will be thinking "im glad fitted that exhaust" as you exercise the newly encounterd lift off in 4th and 5th gear :)

EGR blanking will make instant improvement aswell,

Youll be surprised and small increase in MPG

not fully sure what to do now then. I dont want something that is too loud but would like something with a nice muffling sound with maybe a bit of turbo whistle. Definitely want to get it before i do any other performance mods to the car for sure.

can't wait to fit it, will be traveling to newcastle so will be able to test it out on a long journey.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club