Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Galaxy 2008 1.8 Tdci Ghia :: Bandit

carver11

Hi,

my Ford experience started a while back, because they are rather popular in the family, but only a year ago I managed to get one on my own. Now I decided to post a few lines.

I'm driving a Mk3 Galaxy with Ghia trim. It was originally intended for french market and that's where it was purchased second hand by my soon-to-be father in law. When he decided to upgrade, I made the offer (I was looking for a Mondeo Estate at the time) and he said, why not?

So here I was, changing from a Chevrolet Kalos to a full-size MPV with seven seats. Here is the car in it's original state, where the only aftermarket part apart from towing bar was the parking assist. Why such thing is not standard on cars this size I can only speculate.

IMAG0207Small_zps1cee6783.jpg

Since then (may last year) there were quite a few things I did to the car to make it more original:

Custom ReMap with EGR deactivation - I've had a remap done by one of our local slovak ford club members. I decided to not go completely mental, but at the same time I wanted to have a bit more punch than the standard 92kW 1.8 TDCi offered. I have not had it tested on a rolling road, but the estimated results are around 110kW and 400Nm of torque.

Eibach ProKit - this was mainly done to kill some of that "floatiness" these cars have as opposed to the quite firm setup found on S-Max. And it worked like a charm. The car has firmed up quite enough, but not to the point of being uncomfortable.

Convers+ retrofit - I just had to have one of those.

IMAG0556%201_zpsc8hhemoy.jpg

The milage has not been fixed yet, but apart form that everything works as it should.

18 inch Yspoke alloys - it was the next logical choice after fitting lowered springs.

IMAG0451_zps0b2pir1v.jpg

Add to this small bit like dashcam, custom fit carpets, a few custom settings in the car config (autolocking, autolights) and that's it for now, There are a few other things pending. but it all depends on budget and time.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club