Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Spare Wheel In Newer Fiestas

Sonia-in-Cornwall

Hi, I recently bought a 3-yr-old Ford Fiesta Econonetic from a dealer to replace my much-loved Ford Puma which I'd had from new until it had to be retired after 15 years. Not quite as oomphy as the Puma - which I'd have bought again were it still made - I like my Fiesta.

Recently, whilst in a remote village 60 miles from home, a rear tyre was pierced by a piece of flint thrown up by a passing vehicle. This was the point where I discovered that there is NO SPARE WHEEL. Instead, there is a can of something that one is meant to put into the tyre and which sets, allowing the car to be driven, but only UP TO 10 miles. As a result, having left home early afternoon, I ended up coming home just before midnight on a tow truck.Thank goodness I had car rescue membership.

I don't know when this "new improved" system was introduced so perhaps it's just worth checking that you actually have a spare wheel and not an aerosol.

It is an option on the Fiesta I believe, my dealer said they always add it unless someone specifically doesn't want it.

You should be able to get one fitted if you wanted as the wheel well is still present.

• Like 1

The same thing happened to me... I just thought its fine I have breakdown, but changing a tyre would have been easier than waiting on the M1 with my girlfriend in the cold for 30 min.

So i got one for 60 quid on gumtree, I have only needed it once and that was at about 1am on the way back from a family dinner.

I am about to sell my car so my spare will probably be for sale soon :)

• Like 1

When car manufacturers stopped supplying a spare wheel as standard it was a very bad idea.

They still do on some models, I'm not sure how they decide what cars to put it in or not.

My ST has a spare as standard.

• Like 1

My 2010 Fiesta that I used to have had the same kit bought a spare in the end but when I came to get rid of it the dealer offered £5000 for the car but when he checked the boot he said actually lets make it £5200 because I had a spare lol

• Like 1

Welcome to the site Sonia. My Focus had the foam pack too so i sourced a spare wheel and tools off eBay.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club