Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Santa Brought Bonnet Struts In His Sleigh!

darvvader

Hello all,

I hope you've all had a good holiday season and are looking forward to the new year!

Santa was kind enough to leave a bonnet strut under my tree this year, and today I took the time to fit it.

However, it's made the bonnet proud above the near side headlight by around an extra centimetre, which is a no-go for me.

Hopefully there's someone on this forum who has fitted the same part and had the same problem and manage to correct theirs to help me out?

It's the one sold by sico for the MK7 Fiesta.

Thanks.

Removed the strut to realign the bonnet before a drive this afternoon.

My description is pretty apt, the near side is about a centimeter proud. The bonnet is raised almost at its mounts at the bottom of the windscreen where the bonnet strut pressure is pushing it away..

Unsure what to do without anyone's prior experience to be honest.

Any help or advice would be brilliant. I'll try and sort some pictures tomorrow.

has it also gone out of line at the A pillar end?

You need to adjust the hinges, did you get instructions with them? If not look on NB styling's Facebook page or web site as they should be on there, I had one fitted couldn't get it aligned properly so took it off.

• Like 1

Yeah, had instructions and attempted to adjust it at the a-pillar end but it's still not quite right. I may have to do the same I think, which is unfortunate!

that sucks, I quite liked the idea of getting one of these myself - let us know if you find a fix

Will do, it's a good looking piece of kit but the strut is either under too much pressure or is too long.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club